Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> iowa

Message Subject: iowa
nebraskamuskie
Posted 5/13/2013 8:07 PM (#641189)
Subject: iowa

im from nebraska and have been wondering about iowa fishing for awhile. anybody have information on three mile lake im condsidering taking a trip there this weekend
musky-skunk
Posted 5/14/2013 3:18 PM (#641365 - in reply to #641189)
Subject: RE: iowa

Beautiful lake, good depth with fair clarity. One half of the lake is flooded timber, the other half is more open with some good flats and the dam face. In summer a few weed beds develop in shallow water. I've spent a lot of time there but stopped going the last few seasons. The two down sides are that a very large amount of the lakes muskies wash out over the spillway. Some real nice fish too. The other thing is that the lake hosts (IMO) way too many bass tournaments. It seems like every weekend there's 100+ rigs at the main ramp and bass boats covering the lake. All that aside if it's not a bad drive for you it's still a fairly scenic lake and I'm sure it still has some nice fish swimming in it.

Andy Swinton

Edited by musky-skunk 5/14/2013 3:20 PM
nebraskamuskie
Posted 5/16/2013 12:20 AM (#641649 - in reply to #641189)
Subject: Re: iowa

thankyou for your input it looks like i will be heading out there friday to stay a few days. if its not to big of a problem could give me a starting point on how to fish the like should i cast the timber or troll and cast the flats any help you give will be greatly appreciated
djwilliams
Posted 5/22/2013 11:46 PM (#642750 - in reply to #641649)
Subject: Re: iowa

How did it go?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)