Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> Musky Metabolism

Message Subject: Musky Metabolism

Posted 9/18/2002 5:22 PM (#23237)
Subject: Musky Metabolism

I also agree nice posts. jlong great thougths.

as far as metabolism goes, in my opinion the greatest factor is Temp.

increased oxygen in the water doesnt cause the fish to consume more oxygen unless it is under the fishes critical point of oxygen intake. So what i mean is a musky under a waterfall at a temp of 70f isnt consuming more oxygen than a musky in a 70f bay. Increased Oxygen consumption is a result of increased water Temps.

as far as feeding, no disrespect to anyones thoughts, but i dont feel 1/3 of the muskies in a lake are feeding at any given time. some days ill have 8 follows and catch 2 fish and the next day I wont see a thing. Its all about Mother nature(water temp, barrometric pressure,wind,) when shes right most the fish will be feeding. I don't believe fish feel hunger, it is much more instict. When Mother Nature is right they are feeding machines, ever see a crafish pop out of a smallies mouth when reeling it in, or catch a muskie with a huge bulge from god knows what in its stomach? You got to get them in the window of frezy. But i do believe that like humans, each muskie is different when it comes to what mother nature aspect sets their trigger. I prefer Brunettes.

"Tah Da Gills"
jake
Cast-n-Blast
Posted 9/24/2004 9:56 PM (#119507 - in reply to #3910)
Subject: RE: Musky Metabolism

Any more thoughts Jlong? How about some of those big "V" fish you caught at the tourney related to this thread?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)