Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fergus Falls, MN area

Message Subject: Fergus Falls, MN area
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/2/2013 4:45 PM (#638858)
Subject: Fergus Falls, MN area

Tell me about this area. Fishing, hunting, etc. Are there musky waters nearby? Duck hunting?

What's the town/area like?

Thanks in advance!
marine_1
Posted 5/2/2013 6:23 PM (#638872 - in reply to #638858)
Subject: RE: Fergus Falls, MN area

It's a decent area/town. Small but functional basically in the heart of resort country. Lots of Muskie fishing close and if you want to drive a bit 1-2 hours then you have tons of Muskie lakes Detroit and Miltona would be the closest two both are excellent fisheries.
Hodag Hunter
Posted 5/2/2013 7:17 PM (#638877 - in reply to #638872)

Spent (2) different work assignments is the area about a year each. (Morris and Benson)

Fishing is better than northern WI where I live. From the smallest rivers to lakes I had a ball fishing for walleye and panfish.....quantity and quality.

It is mostly flat country and pheasants were all over the place...I didn't duck hunt but sure seen enough guys who did.

I'm used to hunting northern WI public for deer and just couldn't get in the swing for deer hunting in that area. Deer are there but a lot of private land. I traveled back home most weekends to hunt.

I liked the area, I still prefer Northern WI, but would go back.
MuskieFever
Posted 5/2/2013 9:07 PM (#638894 - in reply to #638858)
Subject: Re: Fergus Falls, MN area

You can put a hurtin on some honkers that's for sure. As far as lakes, you are within miles of a lot of good bodies of water. The Alexandria area is a little better for muskies but that's not too far. Beautiful country.
Top H2O
Posted 5/2/2013 10:27 PM (#638903 - in reply to #638858)

You got a job offer for that area?
You do know that is ViQueen Territory , don't ya.

Great fishing and hunting in the area ! Go for it!
Muskers
Posted 5/3/2013 8:17 AM (#638933 - in reply to #638858)

I grew up in Miltona/Alexandria area and have family up that way and believe me you wont be dissappointed! Lots of outdoor activities with GREAT waterfowl hunting! Muskies in Fergus Falls I am unsure of but Miltona is ~45min away and you can enjoy the several lakes there or Ottertail regions... Hodag Hunter is right there isnt much for public deer land (lots of waterfowl) but if you take the time and talk to a farmer that runs several acres (1000+) they usually let you hunt a section of there land no problem, especially if you throw them a little venison.
nocturnalmotors
Posted 5/3/2013 8:59 AM (#638940 - in reply to #638858)

My folks live in the area and I love it. Still trying to find a way to move up there, but jobs are proving to be tough to find
Anyone have leads in the area for an engineer?

Edited by nocturnalmotors 5/3/2013 9:02 AM
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/3/2013 9:11 AM (#638944 - in reply to #638858)

Thanks guys. I intend on applying for a job that has opened up in that area.

My main concern is the waterfowl hunting and it sounds pretty good. I always like to know a little about the area before I apply. Thanks again!
Propster
Posted 5/3/2013 9:36 AM (#638952 - in reply to #638858)

Close to Dakotas as far as waterfowling
bigfoot
Posted 5/6/2013 10:48 AM (#639435 - in reply to #638858)

dont know what kind of transition it would be like for you from whereever you are from now, but I like fergus falls a lot. its got a decent size and has plenty of stuff nearby, walmart, plenty of restaurants. And of course fargo is not too far. Awesome musky fishing to the north near detroit lakes and pelican rapids, maplewood state park, and just great fishing in general all over the area. I work in detroit lakes during the summer, and would like to relocate to that area as soon as im finished with school in milwaukee

Flambeauski
Posted 5/6/2013 3:40 PM (#639513 - in reply to #638858)

Waterfowling in eastern ND and SD is stupid good. Quite a few roosters around there too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)