Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fox River - Saint Charles

Message Subject: Fox River - Saint Charles
MRichardson
Posted 4/25/2013 10:47 AM (#637405)
Subject: Fox River - Saint Charles

I work close to the downtown/river area. I’m looking for a park or spot nearby that I could get to on my lunch break or after work where I could do a little casting and lure testing, hopefully with an added bonus of catching a musky. No wading, I don’t want to get my loafers wet…
Thank you for any help!

Edited by MRichardson 4/25/2013 10:49 AM
james41317
Posted 4/25/2013 10:50 AM (#637408 - in reply to #637405)
Subject: RE: Fox River - Saint Charles

Try Ferson creek park and boy scout island. I personally have those spots roughtly 10-15 times in the past couple weeks/months and I havent had much luck but my buddy managed a small muskie on a jig and minnow (6lb. test) and a small pike on a mepps. From what I've heard in the past (5-7 years ago) those spots weren't too bad but latley I havent heard of much. That doesnt mean they arent there I just might not have figured them out. Good luck
bigfoot
Posted 4/25/2013 1:43 PM (#637449 - in reply to #637405)

I used to live in glen ellyn, had a guy at i think Lee's bait and tackle tell me Lyons and pickeral point park in south elgin, just 1 town north of st. charles, has "decent" potential for targeting muskies. He caught a few there he told me, but i never tried that spot.

maybe bomb up there after work sometime and give it a shot if that sounds interesting. I used to fish st. charles a lot for smallmouth bass, never saw or heard of musky being caught in any of the places we fished.
bshep
Posted 4/25/2013 3:24 PM (#637471 - in reply to #637405)

make sure the spot has some depth too it and you stay off the bottom if you are mainly interested in testing lures. you will end up paying for it!

there is a water treatment plant on the east side of the river with a boat launch across the street from it just downstream from the dam. i believe it is the st charles dam anyway. i have not been there in a while. if you start at the dam and head south on 25 the launch will be on your right. its easy to miss coming from the other direction, but its right after the homes and where the rivers shoreline is clear from trees. there may actually be a sign with a boat launch symbol on it. its hard to miss a sign, but its right next to the boat launch. i parked directly across the street from it.

there is a massive shoreline to the left of the boat launch. i do not remember how deep it is there, but its a large area. muskie probably swim by it on there way to the louisiana delta.

good luck.

Edited by bshep 4/25/2013 3:40 PM
bshep
Posted 4/26/2013 1:20 AM (#637560 - in reply to #637471)
Subject: Re: Fox River - Saint Charles

Correction, the massive shoreline I was referring to clear of trees and brush was on the right side of the boat launch, not the left. The guy in the first house will come out and try and tell you to get off his property even if you are in the water. Its completely legal, but you never know what kind of crazy stunts people will pull.
MRichardson
Posted 4/26/2013 9:21 AM (#637604 - in reply to #637405)

Thank you very much for the help! – pm’s and here. I checked out Boy Scout Island and Ferson Creek Park, they’re both currently closed due to the flooding. I found a spot in the Italian restaurant’s parking lot near there, I was able to make a few casts to the eddies created by the bike path bridge. I don’t have a lot of high hopes, but the odds are 100% better than my neighborhood retention pond I usually test in.
Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)