Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Pounders, Shallow or Regular

Message Subject: Pounders, Shallow or Regular
allegheny river kid
Posted 3/13/2013 9:19 PM (#626292)
Subject: Pounders, Shallow or Regular

I'm gonna start throwing some pounders this year. I generally find myself throwing shallow magnums as i'm generally fishing 15' fow or less, . My question is on a medium pull retrieve how deep can i expect the shallow pounder to go? How deep can i expect the regular pounder to work in the water column?
IAJustin
Posted 3/13/2013 9:46 PM (#626301 - in reply to #626292)
Subject: Re: Pounders, Shallow or Regular

Its not difficult to keep a regular pounder in the top 5-6 feet of the water column, not saying there are not application for a shallow pounder, but if your looking to buy 4 for example - I'd get 3 pounders and one shallow.

edit, unless you mostly fish water less than 6 feet deep.
hunter991
Posted 3/14/2013 10:44 AM (#626422 - in reply to #626292)
Subject: Re: Pounders, Shallow or Regular

i only buy the shallow type. the reason for this is snagging.. i can also run a shallow deep by just slowing down the retrieve. I would rather have that option then having to increase the speed of retreive. I have also found that when fishing open water most fish are in the top 10 feet of the water column on the lakes i fish. No reason to go too deep.
Joost
Posted 3/18/2013 4:00 PM (#627688 - in reply to #626292)
Subject: RE: Pounders, Shallow or Regular

Hi all,

I would like to ask an additional question concerning this topic. Do you guys every trol with a shallow pounder/magnum or shallow superD or megaD from TI?

I've owned a regular superD once before and if you give that one a lot of line (over 50 meter) during trolling, it reaches depths of 5-6 meters. I would like to troll these type of baits with a lot of line at a depth of 2-3 meters.

Thanks, Joost
bkrpnk123
Posted 3/19/2013 2:50 PM (#628070 - in reply to #626292)

You can split ring egg sinkers onto the hook hangers with shallow dawgs and have a baite that runs shallow and deep without needing to speed up your retrieve. Play around with various weights.
FAT-SKI
Posted 3/19/2013 3:29 PM (#628102 - in reply to #627688)

Joost - 3/18/2013 4:00 PM

Hi all,

I would like to ask an additional question concerning this topic. Do you guys every trol with a shallow pounder/magnum or shallow superD or megaD from TI?

I've owned a regular superD once before and if you give that one a lot of line (over 50 meter) during trolling, it reaches depths of 5-6 meters. I would like to troll these type of baits with a lot of line at a depth of 2-3 meters.

Thanks, Joost

--------
I've trolled them, but with no success
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)