Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Quick thought!!

Message Subject: Quick thought!!
Samantha
Posted 1/3/2013 8:45 PM (#607299 - in reply to #531637)
Subject: Re: Quick thought!!

esoxaddict - 1/6/2012 4:30 PM Herb, I like your thinking! The only issue I have is what do you do when said wife decides that SHE wants a replica?? Do you drop the coin for TWO, having no place to put your own? Or do you let her put hers over the fireplace and call it a done deal?

I'm sure we can find a place for both of ours!  Mine will be bigger though.  

esoxaddict
Posted 1/3/2013 9:06 PM (#607303 - in reply to #607299)

Samantha - 1/3/2013 8:45 PM

esoxaddict - 1/6/2012 4:30 PM Herb, I like your thinking! The only issue I have is what do you do when said wife decides that SHE wants a replica?? Do you drop the coin for TWO, having no place to put your own? Or do you let her put hers over the fireplace and call it a done deal?

Maybe we ought to get ourselves a fireplace before we start talking about hanging a muskie over it...
Samantha
Posted 1/3/2013 9:07 PM (#607304 - in reply to #531002)

I think that if you do so legally, within reason, and for good cause if you wish to kill it you should be able to do so without wrath from others. If I caught a ridiculously huge muskie or had my sights on a truly regal deer or other creature I wouldn't be able to kill it. I would want to let it go and swim/run free. That's just how I feel. Now, if someone else happened along same animal and decided the opposite… okay. Now if they do that time and time again just because they CAN I'd have a problem with that. I don't think it's fair to others to take the life of something, every time, just because it is legally and socially acceptable (to some and others not so much) to do so. There are plenty of fish to catch, mammals to shoot, but there are only so many great ones. They just aren't plentiful. They are out there, but not in abundance. Share the love, you know? However. The likelihood that any one person could come across a substantial percentage of truly great beasts and kill them all is bizarrely rare I would say. Since that is the case I don't see what the problem is with the practice. My problem would be with the individuals who abuse it.
Samantha
Posted 1/3/2013 9:10 PM (#607305 - in reply to #607303)

esoxaddict - 1/3/2013 9:06 PM
Samantha - 1/3/2013 8:45 PM

Maybe we ought to get ourselves a fireplace before we start talking about hanging a muskie over it...

LOL  Why?  It's best to be prepared!  …  Although, it would have more bearing if we actually had a replica or caught a fish that we wanted a replica of, let alone two.

cocathntr
Posted 1/4/2013 12:58 AM (#607337 - in reply to #531002)

plenty of room for all god's creatures. Right next to the mashed potato's.
curdmudgeon
Posted 1/4/2013 9:15 PM (#607610 - in reply to #531002)

(I don't know about you guys but I'm sure excited about all the fooball games this weekend.)

As far as above conversation, maybe just rely on everyone to follow their inner wisdom and enjoy the ride nature dishes out.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)