Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I will actually get up before breakfast. Slamr will see. I will be fishing earlier than he has ever seen. Which, I might add, is not all that early.
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Wire inside Creek Chub Pikie Minows and Leviathons

Message Subject: Wire inside Creek Chub Pikie Minows and Leviathons
laker
Posted 11/17/2012 10:42 AM (#598388)
Subject: Wire inside Creek Chub Pikie Minows and Leviathons

Have always wondered what the manufacturers used for the heavy brass colored wire inside Creek Chub Pikie Minows and inside Leviathons, a similar wooden bait. Some have said that it was welding wire and if so what type or guage? Could someone let me know and perhaps educate or direct me to a link or posting which shows how these baits are/were constructed and how this heavy wire is formed? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

jim
horsehunter
Posted 11/17/2012 11:21 AM (#598391 - in reply to #598388)
Subject: Re: Wire inside Creek Chub Pikie Minows and Leviathons

The creek chubs were built in two halves not sure about the OWB Leviathons ( heading out on the lake now will look when I get back) Hoser ( aka Shawn Mahar ) drills up through the center and threads wire through center hook hanger.
horsehunter
Posted 11/17/2012 4:45 PM (#598406 - in reply to #598388)

Looks like the OWB Leviathons are drilled in the same manner that Hoser uses......Fished from 1 till 5 this afternoon 9 follows no takers no one would watch my fishing show.
woodieb8
Posted 11/18/2012 5:34 AM (#598424 - in reply to #598388)

we wire with 0.62. there drilled and filled. gotta do it right first time lol.. you will need a custom bender unless you like sore fingers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)