Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Avet reels

Message Subject: Avet reels
bigroo
Posted 11/20/2012 7:38 PM (#598849)
Subject: Avet reels

Just curious if anyone uses the Avet reels and how well do you like them? I like the fact they are made in the USA. Looks like there are built like a tank. All comments would be very helpful.
TC24
Posted 11/20/2012 8:35 PM (#598860 - in reply to #598849)
Subject: RE: Avet reels

They are built like tanks! Search M1st and there are plenty of post about them.
Zinox
Posted 11/21/2012 1:40 AM (#598897 - in reply to #598849)
Subject: Re: Avet reels

As tc24 said, there are lots of post, just a matter of finding them.

I love mine, i have a sx mc 4/6 raptor, i use for blades and straight retrieve lures, the raptor version is way overkill for this kind of fishing, but i'm sure the normal sx mc version would do just fine, thou they have a bearing that gets worn out over time, but it should be a easy change.

Remember that avet reel doesn't have a IAR bearing only a pawl, so imo its no good for ripping rubber. (beside the fact that there's no levelwind)
Landry
Posted 11/22/2012 6:57 PM (#599159 - in reply to #598897)
Subject: Re: Avet reels

Zinox - 11/21/2012 1:40 AM

As tc24 said, there are lots of post, just a matter of finding them.

I love mine, i have a sx mc 4/6 raptor, i use for blades and straight retrieve lures, the raptor version is way overkill for this kind of fishing, but i'm sure the normal sx mc version would do just fine, thou they have a bearing that gets worn out over time, but it should be a easy change.

Remember that avet reel doesn't have a IAR bearing only a pawl, so imo its no good for ripping rubber. (beside the fact that there's no levelwind)

I have the sx mc and it is a great big blade reel but I would not use it for any othe application, especially not rubber.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)