Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Hotter plugs

Reply New post
Message Subject: Hotter plugs

Posted 11/15/2002 1:35 PM (#6554)
Subject: Hotter plugs

Was wondering if anyone switched to hotter plugs if they run at low RPM's and trol alot? I pulled my plugs recently and they were covered with rich black carbon.

Posted 11/22/2002 12:33 PM (#50771)

Doc,

If you have a carbuerated engine, you can lean out the engine by adjusting the fuel air mixture. Multi carbed engines are a little more tricky to keep them synchronized, but all you are doing is turning the needle screw in a little more, which (if I am correct on this) would decrease the amount of fuel into the carb, while maintaining the same air flow. You will maybe see a little lack of pick-up of the engine when you accellerate quickly by leaning out your fuel air mixture if you adjust.

Hope this gives you some help...

Steve

Posted 12/4/2002 9:15 AM (#50772)

Hey Doc,
You have to be careful with leaning out a motor if you have an oil injected motor for when you lean the motor out you are adding to much oil to the motor, This will foul the plugs even faster than before and also cause the motor to run hotter, because now instead of burning lets say a 50 to 1 mixture you will be running a 35 to 40 to 1 and when the motor burns more oil than gas they do run hotter.
Believe me, Good hunting,Jeff<
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)