Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: After a day where I had a dead battery, had my trolling motor go out 2x, took out my lower unit I caught a nice pike. PK says "at least she has nice shoulders" I respond "that's like saying that fat chick has nice boobs (but I didn't say boobs)"
- (Added by: Muskie Treats)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Crank Bait Lips Replacement

Message Subject: Crank Bait Lips Replacement
muskydoug1
Posted 8/20/2012 7:22 PM (#579704)
Subject: Crank Bait Lips Replacement

I have a crank bait with a broken lip , I would appreciate some help on getting out the remaining piece and replacing with a new lip. I see that Moore's lures has the replacements. I would appreciate any help on this subject.
Stan Durst 1
Posted 8/20/2012 8:37 PM (#579733 - in reply to #579704)
Subject: RE: Crank Bait Lips Replacement

What kind of lure? Do you have a dremel? A verible speed is nice but still have to work slow and careful.
newmuskyz
Posted 8/20/2012 8:39 PM (#579734 - in reply to #579704)

I assume it is epoxied in the lure? If so get it out by pulling, drilling, etc. And use a 2 part Epoxy like devcon (avail at any hardware store) to set the new one back in place. It's hard to tell as they are all different, depends on how its attached to the lure. But, if it is epoxied in that should work.
muskydoug1
Posted 8/21/2012 10:22 AM (#579857 - in reply to #579734)

It's a Crane bait. I do have a Dermal Tool variable and will get it out that way. Setting the new lip and getting it straight will be a challenge.

Thanks for the help
Hoosierbaits
Posted 8/21/2012 11:10 AM (#579870 - in reply to #579857)

Bandsaw is easier. Use the old remaining lip in the bait to setup a jig for the lip angle to the blade. I use pieces of wood left over from other blanks. I've done this on round and flat shaped baits. 5 minute epoxy will hold the jig together. Cut down both sides to the end of the lip and normally you can pull it or bust it out from there.

Don
Stan Durst 1
Posted 8/21/2012 6:30 PM (#579951 - in reply to #579870)

Go with what Don said, He makes many a wooden bait.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)