Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Minaki area in August

Message Subject: Minaki area in August
Fish-on
Posted 6/30/2012 12:15 PM (#568435)
Subject: Minaki area in August

I will be going to the Minaki, Ontario area for the first time during late August. Anyone care to shed some light on the muskie fishing within 20 miles of Minaki? Doesn't have to be specifically on the waters right at Minaki, we could trailer the boat too. Thanks in advance for any help!
Slashorn
Posted 7/2/2012 2:12 PM (#568691 - in reply to #568435)
Subject: RE: Minaki area in August

I was there with a buddy in middle of August last year and will be going a week from this Friday. This areas is excellent. We fished mostly north of Minaki, but stayed at a place right around the bridge on the east side of the river.

I would recommend west facing bays in rough rock and then along the rough rock narrow. In addition, I would look to fish around the Dalles and western edge of Gun Lake. If I remember, I will post something here in two weeks after I get back and let you know . I personally love the Minaki area because it has everything: Walleye, Pike, Smallies and Musky.
Fish-on
Posted 7/2/2012 2:55 PM (#568699 - in reply to #568691)

Thanks for the input. I have heard there are some other small lakes nearby that have muskies too, anyone know about that? A day trip to one of these would be fun.
Fish-on
Posted 8/10/2012 5:39 PM (#577338 - in reply to #568435)

How about an update slashorn?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)