Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> muskie stamp?

Message Subject: muskie stamp?
sworrall
Posted 5/3/2012 2:30 PM (#557680 - in reply to #556504)
Subject: Re: muskie stamp?

'However there are lots of people that just care about "their" lakes.'

In Wisconsin, it is THE issue in many cases.
ulbian
Posted 5/3/2012 2:56 PM (#557687 - in reply to #557664)

CiscoKid - 5/3/2012 2:24 PM

ulbian - 5/3/2012 1:08 PM
The grant writing thing....the money is there. Build the partnerships and go after it. You might be surprised at what some of us might be able to pull in for the WDNR to work with as long as it's justified correctly and you provide reachable outcomes and goals. But nope, a problem here is that here we are bickering over a stamp issue. When we aren't doing that we're bickering over a world record, tournament trails, benefits of MI membership, etc., etc. We, the muskie angling community is small in numbers. It seems much bigger than it is if all you do is spend time interacting with one another on this website.

Touché!

Now that I know another “connection” of those in the know I will know whom to contact when in need! The problem is when you don’t know where to start you spin your wheels! So if a club would like to get a project going, but don’t know where to start, Bob sounds like you are a good resource to ask?

Yes, you could say that I have some fairly unique connections. We'll have to get in the boat together this summer and rehash this stuff. A bunch of personal family stuff got tossed in front of me this week so it won't be a priority for quite some time, but I think it would be easy enough for us to set something up since we've probably crossed paths on our various "home" waters dozens of times without knowing it.
CiscoKid
Posted 5/3/2012 3:00 PM (#557688 - in reply to #557687)

ulbian - 5/3/2012 2:56 PM

CiscoKid - 5/3/2012 2:24 PM

ulbian - 5/3/2012 1:08 PM
The grant writing thing....the money is there. Build the partnerships and go after it. You might be surprised at what some of us might be able to pull in for the WDNR to work with as long as it's justified correctly and you provide reachable outcomes and goals. But nope, a problem here is that here we are bickering over a stamp issue. When we aren't doing that we're bickering over a world record, tournament trails, benefits of MI membership, etc., etc. We, the muskie angling community is small in numbers. It seems much bigger than it is if all you do is spend time interacting with one another on this website.

Touché!

Now that I know another “connection” of those in the know I will know whom to contact when in need! The problem is when you don’t know where to start you spin your wheels! So if a club would like to get a project going, but don’t know where to start, Bob sounds like you are a good resource to ask?

Yes, you could say that I have some fairly unique connections. We'll have to get in the boat together this summer and rehash this stuff. A bunch of personal family stuff got tossed in front of me this week so it won't be a priority for quite some time, but I think it would be easy enough for us to set something up since we've probably crossed paths on our various "home" waters dozens of times without knowing it.

Absolutely Bob!

So anyway you can work your magic to get a grant for eliminating a rainbow smelt population in lakes? ? I have an idea how to, and it would please anglers of other species as well. In doing so the cisco populations can rebound and benefit the growth of muskies much more than smelt do.
cristobal colon
Posted 5/3/2012 3:03 PM (#557689 - in reply to #557687)

we've probably crossed paths on our various "home" waters dozens of times without knowing it.

travis is the one in the boat in middle of the lake chukin baits for suspendos Bob ...
ulbian
Posted 5/3/2012 3:04 PM (#557690 - in reply to #557689)

cristobal colon - 5/3/2012 4:03 PM

we've probably crossed paths on our various "home" waters dozens of times without knowing it.

travis is the one in the boat in middle of the lake chukin baits for suspendos Bob ...

I know, it's nice to know I'm not alone out there.
Pointerpride102
Posted 5/3/2012 3:06 PM (#557691 - in reply to #557690)

ulbian - 5/3/2012 2:04 PM

cristobal colon - 5/3/2012 4:03 PM

I know, it's nice to know I'm not alone out there.

The question is, does he order flowers for ex girlfriends?
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)