Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> HELP- Calcutta B

Message Subject: HELP- Calcutta B
TrentM.
Posted 4/30/2012 7:00 PM (#556907)
Subject: HELP- Calcutta B

On a recent fishing trip, my Calcutta B was damaged and I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it. But here's how it happened... I threw a bait out, and while it was in mid-flight, my finger somehow got trapped between the black line guide and the bottom of the reel. Seeing as how the line guide shoots back and forth during a cast, my finger prevented to the line guide from making a full pass all the way to the left (because my finger was obviously in its way). It made a grinding sound and the bait then dropped. After prying my finger out of between the reel and line guide, I came to realize that the the steel rod on which the black line guide shoots back and forth on, was loose. It has too much play and side-to-side movement. It chatters and clanks when throwing and reeling in baits... anybody know what could possibly be wrong? All Shimano said was to send it in..... they didn't know....
JimtenHaaf
Posted 4/30/2012 7:10 PM (#556911 - in reply to #556907)
Subject: Re: HELP- Calcutta B

To answer your questions, no, I don't know what's wrong with it. But I know what I'd do in this situation:
Send it to PIKEMASTER. He'll get it done promptly, and correctly.
Propster
Posted 4/30/2012 7:15 PM (#556914 - in reply to #556907)

PM'd you. Richard is in Illinois and would do a good and quick fix for you as well.
esox1980
Posted 4/30/2012 7:49 PM (#556924 - in reply to #556907)

Sounds like a worm gear. I would say send it to pikemaster, I hear good things about him on this forum so I sent him my Calcutta and three others to lube and tune. Hopefully I will have the same to say.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 5/1/2012 7:13 AM (#557002 - in reply to #556907)

U have striped out the plastic gear # 1703 and #1648, both cost about $2.00 each
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)