Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> No more Badfish Guide Service??

Message Subject: No more Badfish Guide Service??
Posted 4/23/2012 2:19 PM (#555154)
Subject: No more Badfish Guide Service??

I was in Minocqua over the weekend and heard a rumor that the Badfish crew is moving to North Dakota for the summer. So I guess this means no guiding in Vilas or Oneida this season? I was asking about other guides at the Musky Shop and was referred to Matt Raley of Hideaway Hollow Outfitters. The guys working there said he has had some good client success. Anybody fish with him or know of him?
jonnysled
Posted 4/23/2012 2:23 PM (#555157 - in reply to #555154)
Subject: Re: No more Badfish Guide Service??

you're likely refering to Jason Sloan? i know he has a couple irons in the fire workwise, but thought he was staying around town after all. i'm not sure if Mark or Gordy are doing any guiding this summer but will check on it. they run a construction business and then Gordy just had a baby. Mark did some last year i believe. i should run into one of them soon and will ask the question and post unless Jason finds this first. he's on the boards once in awhile ... you can always call the muskyshop and ask mean-gene
Posted 4/23/2012 2:35 PM (#555162 - in reply to #555157)

Thanks johnnysled...please post what you find out. Was hoping to hire Mark Lijewski this year...
Sam Ubl
Posted 4/23/2012 3:33 PM (#555194 - in reply to #555154)

Matt Raley is a great fisherman with proven guiding and tournament success - he'd be a great option if you can't get Mark L.
brandondunbar
Posted 4/23/2012 4:33 PM (#555214 - in reply to #555154)
Subject: RE: No more Badfish Guide Service??

Matt Raley is a top notch guide and an excellent fisherman. I'd highly recommend him.
Hodag Hunter
Posted 4/23/2012 5:52 PM (#555248 - in reply to #555162)

Both mark and gordy will be back and forth between nd and wi this summer. Doesnt hurt to call and check if they have openings.

Sled ask mark how fast his new truck goes......lol
(
J.Sloan
Posted 4/23/2012 7:27 PM (#555267 - in reply to #555154)

Thank you for the inquiry. We are actually putting full effort into our guide service this year and backing off the filming. I will be running the guide service out of Minocqua offering multi-species fishing open water, ice fishing, and hunting. Mark and Gordy will be back and forth between North Dakota, with a good amount of time spent fishing Northern Wisconsin. Mark will be guiding here and still has some available dates. You can contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

JS
J.Sloan
Posted 4/23/2012 7:45 PM (#555275 - in reply to #555154)

Thanks for the help, Sled.

Hodag, please don't encourage Mark 'test' his new truck. My hair is prematurely going gray from riding in his previous truck for the last ten years. It went plenty fast, even with a boat behind it. I was with him the time he hit a bear on the way to a Quiet Riot concert, not fun.

JS

Edited by J.Sloan 4/23/2012 7:47 PM
Posted 4/23/2012 9:36 PM (#555309 - in reply to #555275)

That is good to hear. I will be contacting you when my vacations get approved to see if we can schedule a day. I also picked up cards for Al Frost and Barry Klatt. Has anybody ever hired them? My schedule can be tough to plan around so I want some other options...but after seeing your DVD's I hope I can hire Mark for a day!
jonnysled
Posted 4/24/2012 8:08 AM (#555353 - in reply to #555154)

mark asked me about mileage on my diesel before he got his new truck ... had to laugh at that one. i'm not sure "mileage" applies to how he operates stuff with motors! LOL

guest, you are really in good hands with any one of the guys from badfishoutdoors. they consistently score and there isn't a species or a season that they don't have dialed in for hunting and fishing in our area of oneida and vilas county, so think musky but don't limit yourself with that ... these guys are good at all of it. bonus is there will likely be an extra story that comes from your outing. i have no doubt you'll contact fish, have fun and learn a ton ... watching and listening to how they approach fishing has been an eye opener for me over the years ... details, details, details ie: how many holes do you drill to set a tip-up ... LMAO!!
Posted 4/24/2012 8:49 AM (#555365 - in reply to #555154)
Subject: RE: No more Badfish Guide Service??

"Hit A Bear on the Way To The Quiet Riot Concert." Wow. Not exactly "fun" I'm sure, but but awesomely odd and eclectic nonetheless. Sounds like a potential alt-country/southern rock tune to me. Drive By Truckers, perhaps?
Hodag Hunter
Posted 4/24/2012 6:40 PM (#555513 - in reply to #555275)

J Sloan, ask him about one of his last trips back........3 times one way the boys in blue stopped him. He doesnt listen to me, im the mellow one. LOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)