Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lakes around Champlin Minnesota

Message Subject: Lakes around Champlin Minnesota
Troutwater
Posted 4/8/2012 8:17 PM (#551745)
Subject: Lakes around Champlin Minnesota

I posted on here a few weeks ago about moving to the metro and received many good tips, so thank you everyone for that. Over the weekend I moved to Champlin and I'm looking for some suggestions on lakes to try. Since I'm on here I obviously fish for muskies, but I do enjoy other species as well such as crappie. I wouldn't mind getting into walleye fishing as well,...just never had much of a chance living in central Illinois all my life. I'm still undecided if I'm gonna bring my boat up here or not, so places would bank access wouldn't be bad either. Thanks.
Posted 4/8/2012 8:29 PM (#551749 - in reply to #551745)
Subject: RE: Lakes around Champlin Minnesota

land of 10,000 lakes - bring your boat.
lookin4_big_gurls
Posted 4/8/2012 9:12 PM (#551756 - in reply to #551749)
Subject: RE: Lakes around Champlin Minnesota

no doubt!! y would u leave ur boat in Illinois if you just got a place in Champlin? All kinds of lakes to fish! As far as muskies you have Eagle, Tonka, the down town lakes and all the northeast metro lakes, or Mille Lacs an hr north! As far as walleyes and crappies those lakes are all over the place!
Troutwater
Posted 4/8/2012 10:07 PM (#551770 - in reply to #551745)
Subject: Re: Lakes around Champlin Minnesota

Well I had to move myself and didn't have a way to tow it for one. I also had to get an apartment for the time being and don't have a place to store it either.
FAT-SKI
Posted 4/8/2012 10:35 PM (#551776 - in reply to #551770)

Usually apartments are pretty understanding as far as storing the boat in the lot. At least mine is. you would just have to register it with the complex. Obviously come winter, you may have to store it some where. But there are tons of lakes around where you are. Some great ones 20 minutes away or less. Eagle (as mentioned above) is a great musky lake right down hwy 169. Of Course Lake Minnetonka is a well known musky lake as well. tons of good ones. But definatly try to figure out a way to get your boat here. You wont be disapointed.
Pedro
Posted 4/8/2012 11:05 PM (#551787 - in reply to #551745)

Lakes in MPLS to Calhoun and Harriet are worth your time, especially if you have a little boat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)