Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I'm very well acquainted with the seven deadly sins. I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in." - Mr. Bad Example by Warren Zevon
- (Added by: Worm Drowner)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> THru-Wire Hardware

Message Subject: THru-Wire Hardware
Musky_Slayer
Posted 4/24/2012 11:34 PM (#555591)
Subject: THru-Wire Hardware

Im looking to make some balsa baits w/ thruwire, Where can I purchase the hook hangers that are used in plastic baits for plastic molds that look like a solid U hanger. They are an enclosed hanger that are used on baits like a hellhound. I want to use these hangers for a thru-wire bait. Thanks

Musky_Slayer
Posted 4/25/2012 12:09 AM (#555595 - in reply to #555591)
Subject: Re: THru-Wire Hardware

I'm looking for hangers that are used for thru-wire baits. Looking for the fasted method possible to assemble a thru-wire and don't want to make each hanger individually on a jig. Looking for easiest options
MRichardson
Posted 4/25/2012 9:10 AM (#555641 - in reply to #555591)
Subject: RE: THru-Wire Hardware

You can get the wireforms you mentioned at O’Hare spring http://www.oharespring.com/fishing.htm.  The item number is #340.  Item #340-800 is one I designed and is used on my Molly baits; it gives a little more length for holding power.  I’m not sure of your plans, but I would be leery of just bonding them into balsa, they will likely fail.  The plastic baits can get away with it because they are more dense and mold a hard plastic skin layer around the forms.  I’m working on a couple of new baits that are going to have a density halfway between balsa and cedar and I’m using a complete through wire construction because figure 8 inserts would not be strong enough.  Perhaps you could “thread” them together somehow, but I think making a complete form would be easier. 

Edited by MRichardson 4/25/2012 9:32 AM
Pearson_Plugs
Posted 4/25/2012 2:58 PM (#555755 - in reply to #555591)

There's a couple different ways to do thru wire, if you cut corners to make it faster you WILL loose fish balsa is like working with foam.
Musky_Slayer
Posted 4/25/2012 9:40 PM (#555840 - in reply to #555591)

The hangers will be attached to tht thru-wire via holes drilled intot he base of the bait. THe eyes on the hangers/wire connection need to be set at 90 degrees to the hook hanger so the wire can pass through it flush. Any ideas on where to get these types of hangers. thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)