Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Is that a log or a rock???...Holy S!!t that's a fish" . Me to Tom after seeing the biggest fish Iv'e ever seen, in my 2nd hour ever on Vermilion.
- (Added by: 5th lake Brad)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Competitive Muskie Angling Poll , Payback Percentage?
OptionResults
50%1 Votes - [1.22%]
60%2 Votes - [2.44%]
70%2 Votes - [2.44%]
75%12 Votes - [14.63%]
80%32 Votes - [39.02%]
90%29 Votes - [35.37%]
95%2 Votes - [2.44%]
100%2 Votes - [2.44%]
This is a multiple choice poll.

Message Subject: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll , Payback Percentage?
sworrall
Posted 2/22/2012 9:59 AM (#540467)
Subject: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll , Payback Percentage?

-Ok, you want a big dollar tournament, how would be your “IDEAL” tournament be set up? Over the next couple of weeks, I will post several surveys, so please take time to answer each one.

Knowing that there is cost in running a tournament series, what is a fair payout percentage?

Top H2O
Posted 2/22/2012 10:46 AM (#540488 - in reply to #540467)
Subject: RE: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll #2

Who in their right mind would go thru putting on a Tourney for free !

Who ever promotes this deal needs to be someone who is well organized, patient, a good salesman, and they would have to compensated for doing this.

So If you don't pay this person out of the Entry Fee's .,,,,,,,...then how will they be paid?? How are other promoters paid ? And remember ...We Ain't Pros.

Jerome
MuskyDew
Posted 2/22/2012 8:01 PM (#540665 - in reply to #540488)

OK Top Water....You are a "PRO" even though you are a good and modest person. A PRO is defined as "one which pays money to fish an event with the hope of winning even more money.

You sir are a PRO and a good one at that and it has been my honor to fish a long side you in the past and I hope, in the future.

Dew
Top H2O
Posted 2/22/2012 9:13 PM (#540698 - in reply to #540665)

Dewy, ..., come on man,.... The only Muskie "Pros's" are people who make a living at fishing for these dammm fish year round,

People Like : Jim Saric, Steve heiting, Joe Bocher, the Linders,Greg Thomas,Crash & Justin Mullins,Tony Grant,Ty Senett,Luke Ronastand,Jason Hammernick, Jon Bondy, Spencer Berman, Steve Worrall, Ect,ect,ect,
and many, many more. These folks make their living in the World known as Muskies
I'm just a working stiff that LOVES to fish for muskies,... and a little competition from time to time.
Dewy, you and Denny are the pro's .....Good Luck this season,... I' m sure I'll run into you this summer,..... The "first" beer is on me ,buddy.

Jerome
Junkman
Posted 2/23/2012 8:03 AM (#540762 - in reply to #540698)

Like I said on another thread in more detail, I am more with Top H20 on who is a pro. The full time guides who add tourneys to what they do every other day are OK with me to add to that column. Also OK are the others who pretty much make the musky thing their livelihoods in some other way. And, I'd even add Denny and Dewey in there just cuz they are great guys and I would never list them anywhere they didn't wish to be. But, for a GREAT number of us......it's a hobby. Sure, I wish it's all I did, and some day some dumb SOB is going to buy the junkyard and I am going to try it. But for now, I work 50-60 hours a week recycling metals and fish tournaments on the weekends for fun all summer. Now, as to the actual question....I think a fair payout is 60%. If you are going to run a business, and have the resources to properly promote it and have just a bit left for your trouble...I'd say you need a gross margin of 40% if it's this particular business. Like the good book says, "you shouldn't put a muzzle on the ox that grinds out your corn"........and "a workman is worthy of his hire."
Shep
Posted 2/27/2012 11:36 AM (#541856 - in reply to #540762)

Payout really depends on the tournamnet promoter's sponsorship. Big name, big money sponsorship. Probelm with muskie tournaments is there isn't a big name sponsor out there. No Walmarts, National Guards, Tide, Miller Beer, etc. So 80% if the tourney promoter is paid from entry fees, and doesn't have to do a whole lot of advertising to fill the field.
Hammskie
Posted 3/2/2012 12:20 PM (#543087 - in reply to #540467)
Subject: Re: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll , Payback Percentage?

I can't even answer this poll, but I can say that if I ever win the lottery I'll run a tournament for free.
Pedro
Posted 3/2/2012 6:50 PM (#543177 - in reply to #540467)
Subject: Re: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll , Payback Percentage?

I hope you win Hamm, and bring some tourneys back to MN like the good old days.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)