Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I should be home way before dark honey" <--I think I actually really mean it when I say it too.
- (Added by: lobi)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?
OptionResults
Judge Boat35 Votes - [57.38%]
Transport0 Votes - [0%]
Bump Board CPR -catch, photograph and release-26 Votes - [42.62%]
This is a multiple choice poll.

Message Subject: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?
sworrall
Posted 2/26/2012 8:50 PM (#541784)
Subject: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?

Which registration format should the event offer?
Junkman
Posted 2/27/2012 10:49 AM (#541842 - in reply to #541784)
Subject: RE: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?

I'm thinking that a lot of this is going to be decided for us, depending on where we go. First, I think you don't even need to look at the "transport" format anymore. The only trail that used it is in Wisconsin and the new higher size limit has rendered it dead for all intents and purposes. I like the judge boat formula the best, but places like Minnesota can limit the time you leave a fish in the net while waiting. I think the best approach for this instance was the one used by the PMTT in their championship event at Tonka in 2010. You called a judgeboat that was hopefully very close by and you also has a trail supplied bump board with you. If a judge could hop right over and watch you measure the fish--that was great, and if you couldn't get a judge, then it was OK to use the CPR format. I guess that this is the format I would choose where waiting for a judge has the chance to violate state regulations. Marty Forman
thrax_johnson
Posted 2/27/2012 6:52 PM (#541995 - in reply to #541784)
Subject: Re: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?

I know one advantage of the instant CPR format is that you can get a fish released ASAP and get back to fishing. If you've got a hot spot and the fish turn on, you lose valuable time waiting when you should be fishing. Paul Hartman's MMTT used the combination you mention though, you called in asap with your fish, took the photo's and measurement and if they were close enough with a boat they'd swing by quickly. If a boat couldn't get there really fast, you were fine to not wait. I believe they also liked to come by anyways to ensure there was not a dead or semi-dead floating muskie nearby.
Hammskie
Posted 3/2/2012 12:17 PM (#543084 - in reply to #541784)
Subject: Re: Competitive Muskie Angling Poll, Format?

+1 for Paul's format.

True... the The Hartman Format also involved a judge boat verification.

Edited by Hammskie 3/2/2012 12:18 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)