Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Milwaukee Muskie Show

Message Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Show
Badgerpat1
Posted 2/12/2012 7:59 AM (#538188)
Subject: Milwaukee Muskie Show

I spent a good portion of my day at the MMS on Saturday. It was my fourth time at the event. All in our group had a wonderful time! What an amazing crowd! In general, I have to believe it is just another sign of the growth in the sport. I was simply amazed at the number of people.

This was the first year that I thought that the show could easily be staged in a larger venue. Looking at the numbers in the seminar sessions, you could easily double the space that was provided. Judging by the line at the restrooms... you could have doubled those as well:)

Still, it was well run and I certainly did my part to stimulate the economy...
Two new rods, a multitude of baits, dropped off my dad's old musky mount to be repaired and talked to a large number of simply great people... Hope everyone has a great Sunday at the show!

Perfect.

Pat

PIKEMASTER
Posted 2/12/2012 8:18 AM (#538194 - in reply to #538188)
Subject: Re: Milwaukee Muskie Show

WOW what a show, the Milwaukee show is as big or bigger then Chicago, nice job Doug !! Thanks eveyone for the over 53 reels that I got at the Show and Swap.
I got to meet James from Tackle Industries, what a GOOD GUY he is.
So when is next years Show and SWAP, I can't wait.
Junkman
Posted 2/12/2012 12:44 PM (#538222 - in reply to #538194)

Well, I still say it's not bigger than Chicago (really not even a close call) but who the heck cares...IT IS A GREAT SHOW....I had a totally great time, Gelb on Friday nite was still the show-stopper for me as usual, I spent a fortune on stuff, went two days and I will not miss it ever. Marty Forman
Beaver
Posted 2/12/2012 9:37 PM (#538328 - in reply to #538222)

I feel like Taylor and I were there the whole weekend. Good to see old friends and to spend time getting to know The University of Wisconsing Fishing Team. Another worthwhile place to make a donation. The swap was a blast, and just when everyone thought it was over, Taylor and I loaded up a couple more prize boxes with some good stuff and kept it going for another hour.
We came back on Sunday for the lure auction, and though I didn't win crap, I still got my lure back, that's what I wanted in the first place. I'm sure that there will be discussion about the lure contest later, I don't want to start.
What I will post is one little tid-bit.....When I find the SOB that stole the $500 out of my sweatshirt pocket, I will beat him with several lures and give him a colonoscopy with others. I thought of the 2 shows, your odds of getting your pockets picked were higher in Chicago, but I was wrong.
Restores my faith in my fellow man. Give to kids and amateur athletes and help to make sure that a fun time is had by people who I don't even know, just to lose $500 to some thief. I know, it's my fault for carrying it, but I forgot that I was carrying everything from the swap. Why should I sit here and try to make an excuse for a thief. Maybe he actually intended to rape me? So, remember for next year, carry your money in your crotch, because apparently the art of the pick pocket isn't dead in Milwaukee.
wavridr
Posted 2/13/2012 6:21 AM (#538360 - in reply to #538188)
Subject: RE: Milwaukee Muskie Show

Couldn't disagree more with Junkman!  The Milwaukee show is as good if not better.  I  think the amount of vendors is about the same, and going out into a hallway sucks for those exihibtors as well as the customers.  The lure tank completely out shines the pool demos.  Who wants to walk thru a smelly lockeroom to look at lures from the top.

Can't get a barley-pop and decent chow.

The one thing it could use more seating for seminars and more bathrooms.

All in all a really, really good show.

Badgerpat1
Posted 2/13/2012 9:26 AM (#538399 - in reply to #538360)

I purchased a UW Fishing Team hat as well... kind of mandatory with my handle ya know...

Those kids give me faith in this country... Hard working young men going to school and still finding ways to support their fishing addiction. I absolutely love it! I just wish they would have had a team when I went to school in Madison during what seems like the 18th century (really, only the late 70's). Of course, my first tuition bill there was only $300.00!

Pat

happy hooker
Posted 2/13/2012 9:54 AM (#538410 - in reply to #538399)

I love going to the MILW muskie show,,I just wish it would get a better building and the $5 for parking gets old,,,,I did love all the little mini seminars and it does stay comfortable inside temperature wise
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)