Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators

Message Subject: Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators
mm3
Posted 9/8/2011 9:54 PM (#515727)
Subject: Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators

I was wondering if any of the Northern Wisconsin fisherman cast the 6 inch versions of these lures. From what I can see it seems like it's almost a different culture with these type of lures versus the twitch baits, jerk baits, bucktails and top water normally used on the upper Wisconsin cabbage type lakes. I know the Lake St Clair MI fisherman troll these and love them for both their action and durability. I was wondering though why they don't seem to be so popular up north for casting. They really have phenominal action, their very durable and their paintjobs can really be considered artwork. Most musky shops in Northern Wisconsin don't even sell them.

Any thoughts or success stories about casting these lures?
Jeff Hanson
Posted 9/9/2011 11:39 AM (#515798 - in reply to #515727)
Subject: RE: Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators

There is another one that is a hot st.clair bait the muskietrain MX6 I caught a 54" on one there this summer.(we had 9 over 50 in the boat on them) I use them here in madison for twitching in and around the weeds same way you would a 6" grandma, and caught tons of fish on them. I have casted the loke's also but have done better on the mx6.
Good luck
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Posted 12/30/2011 7:07 AM (#530619 - in reply to #515727)

All the baits listed are great, even mx6. Those things have a special wobble on the rise too that is great. They are kind of pricy but great baits for casting and trolling.
Pikiespawn
Posted 12/30/2011 7:48 AM (#530620 - in reply to #530619)

Mike Mordas is a real good guy, and he makes baits that catch fish.
muskihntr
Posted 12/30/2011 1:03 PM (#530672 - in reply to #515727)
Subject: Re: Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators

I got turned on to the Muskie Train MX baits last year and I will be picking up some more this year. Great baits that produce!
The Mighty Oak Leaf
Posted 12/30/2011 1:27 PM (#530674 - in reply to #530672)
Subject: Re: Wiley's, Loke's, Terminators

I have bee using Muskie Train products for 3 years and LOVE them!!!! I have a round 24 different size and colors. The part I like best they run true right out of the package, just sharpen the hooks and you are ready to go. I have a lot of crank baits and Mike's paint jobs are some of the best I have ever seen. And the best part of Muskie Train Co. is Mike Mordas, he is everything you would want in a bait owner, he listens to the fisherman and makes the baits the way they want them, great quality baits that hold up. Oh by the way I buy my baits.
figure 8
Posted 12/31/2011 10:27 AM (#530758 - in reply to #530620)

Terminators are expensive I saw one on ebay a month ago go for $60
I like Loke's and MX6's have not used the new Loke's yet anyone know if they are as good as the old ones?
Thanks,
Jamie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)