Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Hey let me get that lure out of that tree for you, i have had alot of practice".
- (Added by: Turkeyt)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> airbrush selection?

Message Subject: airbrush selection?
razor10
Posted 12/3/2011 12:06 PM (#527057)
Subject: airbrush selection?

I always have used an iwata internal mixing air brush with createx auto air for all my lure painting and find its great for the detail work but not so great for the base color (poor coverage and clogging) I'm thinking about purchasing an external airbrush, I've never used one but am quessing there is no clogging and would be a lot more user friendly while base coating a lure, before investing more money into this hobby I thought I'd ask if any of you guys use an external mixing airbrush.

thanks guys,
Kelly
h2os2t
Posted 12/3/2011 8:39 PM (#527147 - in reply to #527057)
Subject: RE: airbrush selection?

It is the createx more than likely.
Beaver
Posted 12/4/2011 12:46 AM (#527181 - in reply to #527147)
Subject: RE: airbrush selection?

I have a few Iwatas, and I don't have problems with base coat coverage. I make sure and crank the pressure up on my compressor and pull the needle as far back as I can. Once I got a better, stronger compressor basecoats became easier to apply. I don't have clogging problems with higher pressure, but I use all House of Kolor paints and never used Createx so I can't compare.
Beaver
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)