Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Northern Wisconsin Trip

Message Subject: Northern Wisconsin Trip
drmusky
Posted 9/11/2011 11:36 PM (#516057)
Subject: Northern Wisconsin Trip

I'm heading up to northern Wisconsin in a few weeks for three days of musky fishing. Due to gas prices and the present economy I can't afford a guide. I do have some good Fishing Facts maps and I am was planning on fishing around Hayward, Park Falls, and Minocqua. Waters such as LCO, Grindstone,Butternut, Flambeau R., Twin, and Kentuck. I'm looking for suggestions on any patterns that might work. Suckers? Casting or trolling? Baits? I'm not looking for any secret spots just somewhere to start.
vegas492
Posted 9/12/2011 11:40 AM (#516117 - in reply to #516057)
Subject: Re: Northern Wisconsin Trip

I can't speak for Hayward, but for Twin and Kentuck, trolling is not allowed.

Fall patterns are starting to emerge, but most fishermen I talk to are finding fish to be more active at night. If you choose to fish Twin, one of the tips I can give you is to fish it very early in the day.
Flambeauski
Posted 9/12/2011 12:38 PM (#516133 - in reply to #516057)
Subject: Re: Northern Wisconsin Trip

Long ways away, lots of very different lake choices. Clear waters with and w/o trolling, stained waters with and w/o trolling. All the lakes you mention fish very differently. Best advice I can give is call ahead and reserve suckers. Water's too warm for em now but in two or three weeks it should be cool enough for you to keep em alive for a few days.
wolf 359
Posted 9/18/2011 3:09 PM (#517048 - in reply to #516057)
Subject: RE: Northern Wisconsin Trip

Thats alot of ground to cover for 3 day's of fishing if it was me I'd pick one area and stick to it. We just got back from a 10 day trip fishing around the Park Falls area we moved a alot of fish and put more than a few in the net. My advice downsize your baits think small and go shallow 5 feet or less even the tankers were shallow.
Good Luck!!!
wolf 359
Posted 9/18/2011 3:12 PM (#517049 - in reply to #516057)

Thats alot of ground to cover for 3 day's of fishing if it was me I'd pick one area and stick to it. We just got back from a 10 day trip fishing around the Park Falls area we moved a alot of fish and put more than a few in the net. My advice downsize your baits think small and go shallow 5 feet or less even the tankers were shallow.
Good Luck!!!
esox911
Posted 9/18/2011 5:26 PM (#517056 - in reply to #517049)

Yes no way you could fish all those areas in that amount of time---zero in on one and set up a game plan and be ready to change it for the conditions---suckers should be a go by then---just got back from a few days in IRON county----I also experience fish in SHALLOW WATER----we were using twitch baits and some surface baits and had many hits/ follows / and a few in the net also. Good luck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)