Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul

Message Subject: Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul
nocturnalmotors
Posted 9/7/2011 1:13 PM (#515471)
Subject: Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul

Going up to Canada for the 1st time next week. Heading up with a few other guys. Most are walleye guys. I'd like to find some muskie action. Any hints or tips? Places to try near where we're staying? PM or email [email protected]

Thanks!
R. Connelly
Posted 9/7/2011 7:43 PM (#515526 - in reply to #515471)
Subject: RE: Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul

Nocturnal - I've stayed at Mahkwa twice and from what I understand it's not the right part of the lake for muskies. I never targeted them while there so I definitely could be wrong but we'd see musky guys come back in the evening and after talking with them found out a little. They would get up at 3:30 - 4 in the morning, fill the gas tank, drive an hour or more down the lake to get to a spot and fish until an hour before sunset so they could be back safely before dark.

Since its a reservoir the water levels fluctuate and the massive unmarked boulders leads to lots of blown out lower units. When we made a run down the lake we had another boat just in case....and we needed it twice.

One thing we did do that might satisfy your big fish urge is bring a musky rod while walleye fishing and wherever the monster pike latch on to one of your walleyes have a throwback lure. Picked up a big pike doing that. An outing didn't go by without someone having a pike do that. Either way good luck and hope you find information otherwise and get into one. It's a fun trip and you'll be sick of eating walleyes by the end.
nocturnalmotors
Posted 9/8/2011 1:07 PM (#515636 - in reply to #515471)
Subject: Re: Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul

That was pretty much what I was thinking. We'll be sure to have a blast regardless. Thanks for the reply!
R. Connelly
Posted 9/9/2011 3:41 AM (#515752 - in reply to #515471)
Subject: RE: Mahkwa Lodge - Lac Seul

One other thing - When you leave Mahkwa to fish each day you'll see some massive sand cliffs. You'll know what I mean when you get there. If you're bored in the afternoon go over there, beach the boat, and walk up to the top. It's a great view and there's a 1/4 mile trail that leads to a small indian village.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)