Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> October Vacation

Message Subject: October Vacation
Posted 9/5/2011 9:38 PM (#515207)
Subject: October Vacation

I am taking a week of vacation in October... Should I take a week around the full moon or the new moon?
aageditch
Posted 9/5/2011 9:54 PM (#515208 - in reply to #515207)
Subject: RE: October Vacation

new
knooter
Posted 9/5/2011 10:24 PM (#515210 - in reply to #515207)
Subject: Re: October Vacation

Probably matters more what the water temps are at the time. Turnover can really screw up a good moon phase.
curleytail
Posted 9/6/2011 3:27 PM (#515303 - in reply to #515207)
Subject: Re: October Vacation

I like to fish when the moon is down, so if it were me, it would depend on when I wanted to fish. If I was fishing during daylight hours, I like the full moon. If night fishing probably a new moon. I would guess for the most part your October fishing will be during the daylight hours, especially if it's early October.

That's just me though! Timing and turnover are probably a factor too. I'm not an expert on October since I am usually bowhunting pretty seriously by mid October.

Tucker
Posted 9/6/2011 5:09 PM (#515328 - in reply to #515207)
Subject: RE: October Vacation

Yes I know what you mean about bow hunting.... This is the first year that I am really putting bow hunting aside and focusing on musky fishing. Only fished a hand full of times in October over the years and am really looking forward to spending the time on the lake this year.

I know every lake is going to be different... but what are the surface water temps when Vilas County Lakes start to turn over... I know it depends on size and location but any old tricks or traits to go by?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)