Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I would rather have a bottle in front of me, that have a frontal lobatame
- (Added by: ToddM)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Re skirting Question

Message Subject: Re skirting Question
muskiewhored
Posted 4/25/2011 12:35 PM (#494989)
Subject: Re skirting Question

I have a few spinnerbaits I am needing to re skirt with boo. Do I just take off the old stuff and put the new stuff on wrap it with thread and then use super glue on the thread to keep? Of course this may not be the right way but will it work?
tuffy1
Posted 4/25/2011 2:23 PM (#495012 - in reply to #494989)
Subject: RE: Re skirting Question

That's one way you could go. I personally just use zip ties now on any rubber skirts. Just get it situated on the collar, and put the zip tie on. Then snug it up, but not all the way down. Make any adjustments to even the skirt out, then pull it tight.
muskiewhored
Posted 4/27/2011 3:43 PM (#495512 - in reply to #494989)
Subject: Re: Re skirting Question

I actually just picked up buck tail, it supposedly easier to work with and boo gets messy and is hard to do, at least that what the guy i bought from told me. this should be fun
tuffy1
Posted 4/28/2011 7:21 AM (#495628 - in reply to #495512)

I suppose if my eyes worked, I would have seen you put the "boo" comment in your first post. Dang ADD. lol

IF you're tying bucktail on their, yes, use thread to wrap. After finishing that, I use epoxy over the threads to give a nice firm cover to the threads so they don't get torn up as easy. Looks nice too.
muskiewhored
Posted 4/29/2011 7:49 PM (#496003 - in reply to #494989)

I actually used buck tail.black. it ended up a Fn mess because I had clear nail.polish and it bleed the color out onto my hands.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)