Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Crestliner Raptor

Reply New post
Message Subject: Crestliner Raptor
esoxjarhd
Posted 3/31/2011 11:58 PM (#490081)
Subject: Crestliner Raptor

Does anyone have knowledge about a Crestliner 1850 Raptor CE.
I am seriously considering purchasing one but would like to know how it handles rougher water without getting wet, stability when standing on one side only, the overall handling because the CE model has a longer front deck and the helm is further back, and anything else you know is appreciated.
Thanks

Edited by esoxjarhd 4/1/2011 7:43 AM
Top Predator
Posted 4/1/2011 7:13 PM (#490219 - in reply to #490081)
Subject: Re: Crestliner Raptor

The Raptor is a great boat I had one the last year I was on the Pro Staff. I lked the boat and it did rid well in rough water. But it was not the dryest ride. As far as being stable it was good but it sits high in the water. It also a fast boat that handles well.

Is it a new boat or used?
esoxjarhd
Posted 4/1/2011 11:11 PM (#490260 - in reply to #490219)

It would be a new 2011 WT model

And thanks for your input. There was only 2 boats I was interested in, this one and a Ranger 619 - seems strange hey but the Ranger is so much heavier and needs a bigger powersource which also adds weight. Gas $ are not getting better.
Top Predator
Posted 4/3/2011 12:21 PM (#490460 - in reply to #490081)

Esox I understand what you are saying. I ran Crestliners for years and was very happy. I started fishing bigger water more often so I made the decision to go to a glass boat. Glass boats may be heavier and need more power but the ride and other things make up the difference.
I had spent many years on the Pro Staff for a dealer that carried Crestliner and Ranger so when I decided to make the change it was betwen Ranger and Triton ( Triton and Crestliner are owned by the same company ) I had almost decided to buy a Ranger when I seen a Recon at a tournament in 3lakes. I liked what I saw and did some research and actually bought one. So I am now a Recon Boat owner and Pro Staff member for them. I ran it all last year and was very happy with the boat. Maybe you should add that one to the mix and take a look at it. I think you would be pleasantly suprised at the price and what they have to offer.
One other thing I am not sure if you looked a Tuffy but they make a great boat also at a good price. The Rangers are great but they cost you a whole lot more.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)