Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Tuffy 1760 GT Set Up?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Tuffy 1760 GT Set Up?
Farmer Rick
Posted 3/27/2011 11:26 AM (#489234)
Subject: Tuffy 1760 GT Set Up?

I have been in the process of upgrading my rig for the last few years and have finally got the job done. Went from an esox mag ,which I loved most of the time, and now have a 1760 GT coming with a 75 opti on it. Im looking for suggestions on prop for this rig. I know the 1760 has been out there for a while and is a proven hull and many of you have run them in the past. I'm trying to dicide between ss and alum and am looking to narrow down size and pitch before I actually start shopping.

Also how high should the motor be mounted? My mag was mounted one hole up and am just wanting to have this all figured out so when the boat comes I can spend one day rigging all electronics and motor and get on the water with good performance so I won't have to spend all summer tweaking.

Thanks
Rick
sworrall
Posted 3/27/2011 11:46 AM (#489238 - in reply to #489234)
Subject: Re: Tuffy 1760 GT Set Up?

Mike knows what prop you need and how high the motor needs to be; you won't need to 'tweak' anything. He'll do a great job rigging the boat. You will like the 1760 GT....

Some folks here have the older 1760 models, and the load/balance is different then the new model so the props and motor hieght that work for them may not be the best for your application. Plus, the Opti needs a different prop than an older two stroke non-DFI or a Yamaha or perhaps even a Merc 4 stroke of the same HP.

You should get a stainless prop to maximize performance. Best spent couple hundred you can go with for your tiller Tuffy.
Farmer Rick
Posted 3/27/2011 12:25 PM (#489244 - in reply to #489234)

I have no doubt about that he will have it rigged right from the get go. Just want to know what to look for in a prop if I go for a stainless. I might be able to find a good used one or one on clearance somwhere but need to know what im looking for. I really appreciate all your help Steve. The hardest part now is the wait. We have open water here and my buddy boated a nice fish last weekend on first trip out of the year and I'm antsy....
sworrall
Posted 3/27/2011 12:30 PM (#489246 - in reply to #489234)

The price Tuffy authorized for that rig probably offers you the best deal you can get on a Mercury stainless prop. Check with Mike on the exact prop costs first, then shop around if you need to. Won't be long now, the order goes in tomorrow!
NickD
Posted 3/29/2011 9:40 PM (#489707 - in reply to #489234)

I have a 2008 1760gt with a yamaha F75. I run an aluminum 13.5/15 yamaha prop. Top speed with way to much crap in the boat is 33 MPH gps. I'd be surprised if you couldn't turn a 15in stainless prop with the opti and get a top speed in the 35 range with good holeshot. Did you get hydraulic steering? I didn't get the titan at first but added it later. Major upgrade since this hull can run in some serious chop. There isn't a 17ftr made with a better casting layout than this boat. You will enjoy fishing out of it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)