Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you fish where you always fish,you will catch what you always catch.Dick Pearson
- (Added by: FishingFool)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> GOLD RUSH

Message Subject: GOLD RUSH
MACONE
Posted 2/17/2011 4:34 AM (#482153)
Subject: GOLD RUSH

I tried very hard to put some time and effort into this one, 24k gold leaf, this might even earn a comment from John, I hope you enjoy, Thanks Mac One

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(gold rush.jpg)

(gold rush #2.jpg)

(gold rush #3.jpg)

(gold rush #1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gold rush.jpg (90KB - 132 downloads)
Attachments gold rush #2.jpg (70KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments gold rush #3.jpg (48KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments gold rush #1.jpg (85KB - 132 downloads)
Stan Durst 1
Posted 2/17/2011 6:20 AM (#482154 - in reply to #482153)
Subject: RE: GOLD RUSH

Macone,
Don't know about John but you certainly put a lot of work into that piece and you can be proud. The pattern is well blended and laid out.
My compliments to you Sir.
MACONE
Posted 2/17/2011 6:38 AM (#482155 - in reply to #482154)
Subject: RE: GOLD RUSH

Thanks for kind words. I did put alot of time in on this one, I appreciated comments.
Scotty
musky slut
Posted 2/17/2011 7:40 AM (#482162 - in reply to #482153)
Subject: Re: GOLD RUSH

Wow that is one sweet bait !
Tigger
Posted 2/17/2011 11:15 AM (#482218 - in reply to #482162)

Very nice Scott! I am at my work computer.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the Michigan Show. I didn't see your comment before I got the green light to head up there. It is tough for my free time with two little ones around. It is always spur of the moment on free time. It looks like you may live in Ohio.

Scott if you ever go to a musky show you can check with Musky Train Lures. That is like my home base at the shows. I was bummed that I didn't get to go to the Butler Show. I had forgot that my wife had booked stuff in the middle of both days. We adopted a little girl from China last year and it was Chineese new year this past weekend. My wife had all kinds of stuff planned!

I am keeping an eye on you with your paint jobs. They are very nice! You are progressing at light speed!

John
Perfect Drift
Posted 2/17/2011 1:56 PM (#482266 - in reply to #482218)

Just wondering what the patch is for on the last pic.Thanks
Muddy41
Posted 2/17/2011 6:21 PM (#482329 - in reply to #482266)

That is a awesome paint job!!! Looks sweet!!!
MACONE
Posted 2/18/2011 4:08 AM (#482390 - in reply to #482153)

John, Thanks for the comments.

And the words of encouragement much appreciated, it mean a lot coming from you, yes I do live right here in Xenia, Ohio, I do not know how you find time to paint all those lures if you work a full time job, I normally get to paint on the weekends after a full work week and me and my wife watch the grandbabies every Saturday and they keep me busy, setting up the train track and playing with them, I love it so I get a little time to paint in there somewhere, I only paint in the winter months, this is only my second year for painting I don't sell any of my baits I just do it for winter hobby, I don't want to take the enjoyment out of it, I do give them away sometime for gifts, John you're accomplishments and painting is outstanding I can’t say enough about you’re baits, I will be at the Columbus Musky show at Bridgewater Banquet & Conference Center in Powell, Ohio February 26th, I should be there between 11:00am and 3:00pm I hope to see you there. I do have a question for you if you can help me, I use epoxy for clear coat are you using epoxy?.

Thanks
Scotty
MACONE
Posted 2/18/2011 4:21 AM (#482391 - in reply to #482153)

Patch on top of lure?

This lure I picked up at the Flea market, for $5.00 it is a (PFLUEGER MUSTANG musky lure) they were made 1940's they are a wooden lure and the plate on the top and bottom are bite plates, if musky came up and hit you're bait it would not leave teeth marks in the wood lure that was there theory back in day, I completely stripped the lure to bare wood and then I primed it and then I started the 24k gold leave process, the I started the painting process, the bite plate where all originally nickel platted over brass , matter of fact all the hardware is brass, so I just custom painted all the hardware, hope this helps.

Thanks
Scotty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)