Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Question for TJ or other lowrance guys

Reply New post
Message Subject: Question for TJ or other lowrance guys
Jonah
Posted 11/25/2010 10:28 AM (#468065)
Subject: Question for TJ or other lowrance guys

Just bought an HDS 10 and I am wondering two things, first how do I transfer waypoints from my LCX 27? And second, can i network the to units so when I add a way point on one it will also show up on the other. thanks for the help, Jonah
jeff anderson
Posted 11/25/2010 11:25 AM (#468075 - in reply to #468065)
Subject: RE: Question for TJ or other lowrance guys

Not sure how you link them, but I am sure someone else can chime in.

As far as transfering waypoints I went to the lowrance website and looked on the question section and typed in waypoints. I then found the area with the instructions and printed them off. I keep them in a tupperware container in the boat and everytime I want to transfer from or to a chip I pull the directions out and follow them. If you can't find them on the lowrance website let us know and I will type the on here for you.
Jeff Anderson
Posted 11/25/2010 11:30 AM (#468076 - in reply to #468065)

I assume you know how to save waypoints off the older unit. If not, you press the menu screen until you get to system set up I think and then follow the directions to saving waypoints. That information should also be found on the lowrance website. I have my graphs put away for the year or I would go out and double check that procedure. Hopefully someone else can help you better with that information if you need.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 11/25/2010 12:08 PM (#468083 - in reply to #468076)
Subject: Re: Question for TJ or other lowrance guys

Jonah,

Jeff is right on with the directions, that's what I've used in the past also, running all HDS stuff now so I rarely do any transferring anymore.

As for networking, yes you can do it. Your going to network the units just like you would with the LCX units. It works the same way, but you cannot get the HDS sonar reading or side imaging on the LCX units for obvious reasons, but networking is no problem. All the connectors have stayed the same for the LCX and HDS units.
Jonah
Posted 11/25/2010 1:31 PM (#468092 - in reply to #468083)

Thanks guys for the input, Jeff i think you fished with Dan Freeman last week right? TJ do you have the T connectors in stock? cabelas, where i got the units is back ordered. also can they share map cards or does each unit need its own? thanks Jonah
TJ DeVoe
Posted 11/25/2010 2:17 PM (#468095 - in reply to #468092)

Jonah, only ones I have are for my units. Try ordering them off of LEI Extras. Lowrance sells what's called the NMEA Starter Kit. It includes 2 terminating resistors (TR-120M-RD, TR-120F-RD), two T-connectors (N2K-T-RD), one 2 ft extension cable (N2KEXT-2RD), and one 15 ft extension cable (N2KEXT-15RD), and a power node (N2K-PWR-RD). For use with all Red network devices.

LEI Extras will probably be your best bet unless you can find a retail store that has these in stock right now. Type in t-connector and the NMEA Starter Kit will show up, it's like $45, but worth it.

http://www.lei-extras.com/store/search.asp

As for map cards, unfortunately you have to have two cards, one for each unit. The networking does not allow you to share map data from one unit to another. Oh how we would all love that feature!
Jonah
Posted 11/25/2010 3:23 PM (#468097 - in reply to #468065)

So I put an sd card in my 27 and it tells me i need an mmc card to upload saved data, were do i find said card?
TJ DeVoe
Posted 11/25/2010 8:04 PM (#468108 - in reply to #468097)

Jonah - 11/25/2010 3:23 PM

So I put an sd card in my 27 and it tells me i need an mmc card to upload saved data, were do i find said card?

What exactly are you using to try and save data to then?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)