Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> What do you believe?

What do you believe?
OptionResults
Yes, targeting key moon times is guaranteed to put more fish in the boat.
No. Why do people still believe residual medieval hocus-pocus like that?
I don’t know, but it can’t hurt to fish then and put the odds in your favor
I don’t know, but I avoid them cause the lakes are more crowded.
Add your own option:

Message Subject: What do you believe?
sworrall
Posted 8/30/2010 3:34 PM (#457400 - in reply to #457335)
Subject: Re: What do you believe?

Nope. private land, no one anywhere around me, no other hunters even close to me and certainly no one walking around.... natural movement, grazing through and up moving around.

So short answer is absolutely not.
esoxaddict
Posted 8/31/2010 4:43 PM (#457567 - in reply to #451277)
Subject: Re: What do you believe?

Anybody who has ever spent any time paying attention to what goes on around them out in the woods or on the water will tell you there's more going on in nature than just the obvious influences. While you'll never be able to attribute direct solunar influence to each and every fish encounter, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've got too many pictures of me holding fish for the last 35+ years that show the moon right on the horizon to believe there's not something to it.

You can watch the wildlife on the ride to the lake and have a pretty good idea whether the fish are moving or not. What you can't always do, and most haven't taken the time to do, is try to figure out WHY everything suddenly started moving when it did.

I fish when I can, so solunar activity doesn't change when or how I fish. I may wait a few hours to take a break and eat if I'm in the middle of a major, but that's about it.

Thos of you who want to believe it's just BS? You go right ahead. Maybe some day I'll wake up and think I know everything there is to know about fishing, and be able to dismiss things like solunar influence. Until then? Well, my fishing logs seem to indicate otherwise.
vivian
Posted 5/31/2011 4:01 AM (#500656 - in reply to #451277)
Subject: RE: What do you believe?

good luck for all,happy to join here,thankyou

microsoft office 2010
Microsoft Office 2007

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)