Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Looking for Feedback on New Jake Colors

Message Subject: Looking for Feedback on New Jake Colors
CiscoKid
Posted 10/13/2010 11:59 AM (#463148)
Subject: Looking for Feedback on New Jake Colors

I am looking for feedback on how the new color patterns from Drifter hold up. History has proven that patern on baits with holoform don't last very long. Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is/was.

So how have the patterns held up on the:

Chrome Series
Metallic Series
Big Flash Series
Electric Glitter Series

I really like chrome baits, but haven't found one yet that can last say a full day of casting.
CiscoKid
Posted 10/19/2010 2:56 PM (#463789 - in reply to #463148)
Subject: RE: Looking for Feedback on New Jake Colors

No one has used these...

There has to be someone out there that bought into the new patterns and have some feedback.
DR in VA
Posted 10/19/2010 3:24 PM (#463794 - in reply to #463148)
Subject: Re: Looking for Feedback on New Jake Colors

Travis,

I couldn't bring myself to throw one bait all day long, but....I have a couple of the Hellhound's in holoform that have held up really well for me. Several fish, multiple teeth marks on both sides and still no problem.

DR
BALDY
Posted 10/19/2010 3:50 PM (#463797 - in reply to #463148)

I've seen one chrome one that was in the water for a very short amount of time, and a majority of the paint was peeling off already
edalz
Posted 10/19/2010 4:06 PM (#463800 - in reply to #463148)

I have the 14" Jake in White Lightning (Big Flash) and it looks great in the water. I haven't thrown it that much but so far it is holding up well. Drifter does a good job standing behind their baits and I think they make some really nice baits.
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 10/21/2010 8:04 PM (#464127 - in reply to #463148)

Have 2 chrome baits from their limited time offer when they had them about 3-4 years ago..have used one quite a bit (and caught more than a few fish) and it has help up well. The other hasn't been used that much, but is also holding up well.

Have had a couple of the new patterns in the water so far, but hope to get serious time on several of the new pattern in each series beat up before ice comes in.

PM me in a few weeks if you would like a report on how they held up while trolling them into the hard Canadian Shield and hopefully getting smacked by big toothy critters.
CiscoKid
Posted 10/22/2010 6:46 AM (#464159 - in reply to #463148)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have some of the limited chrome from several years ago, and honestly the chrome hasn't held up worth a darn for me. That is why I posted this qquestion. I had a 10" Jake that was junk after 1 hr. A 47" fish helped it along though in that when it hit hit blew all of the chrome off of the bait! The chrome was all over in the water, and I now have a bone colored Jake. Not a spec of chrome left on it.

The new Depth Raiders from Bucher appear to be having the same fate as the old ones. They work while the chrome is on, but that is usually for a limited time.
NY Muskie
Posted 10/22/2010 7:36 PM (#464228 - in reply to #464159)

I had a chromed depthraider loose all of the chrome on the bottom half in a half days fishing. I contacted Bucher and they immediately offered to replace it.
They informed me that the lures either bond well and are very tough or they do what mine did. They said they will replace any of the chromed lures that loose their finish.

I can tell you that I couldn't keep the northerns off the chrome depthraider.
archerynut36
Posted 10/23/2010 10:33 AM (#464260 - in reply to #463148)

this is one reason that i turn my own lures and put a thin coat of 2 ton epoxy on them. its so easy and saves baits for losing their looks and luster.. and it is not much to make a turner so that the coat is even. and i thin out the epoxy so it turns nicer and looks clear and strong
zstech
Posted 11/10/2010 10:30 AM (#466192 - in reply to #463148)

Drifter Tackle, in response to field complaints about Jake lips occasionally breaking, has sourced a new material that is almost indestuctable. We are shipping the new material on all new Jakes as of November 1st. If you have broken lips in the past, please contact the factory for free replacements. Drifter Tackle takes great pride in manufacturing the highest quality products on the market and everything we offer is 100% American Made! We thank our customers for their loyal support. You can contact us at [email protected].

Zach Stechschulte
National Sales Manager
Drifter Tackle, Musky Mania, Esox Research Company
msky3
Posted 11/12/2010 9:46 AM (#466442 - in reply to #463148)

Here is a new Jake that I trolled caught a few skis and Pike and has held up nicely

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(new Jake_1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments new Jake_1.JPG (55KB - 151 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)