Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tyrant Lures contest winner

Message Subject: Tyrant Lures contest winner
Muskie Bob
Posted 10/1/2010 11:08 AM (#461648)
Subject: Tyrant Lures contest winner

Remember the Tyrant contest to win a day guided trip with Captain Brett Jolly?

Oh lucky me. Well, not exactly. I didn't win the guided day trip. However, my fishing buddy, Ronnie Ring, Jr., won the trip. Ronnie is my nephew and a good fisherman. Ronnie has been active fishing for muskies since the age of 14 when he caught the Missouri state muskie record. I believe the record has been broken 3 times since then. He and his dad are well known to the muskie world in Missouri. They both have been very active in supporting the muskie stockings, etc. in Missouri.

This was our first trip to Green Bay and my first guided trip ever. Captain Brett Jolly guided us from 7 in the morning until after dark. Although I have never been into trolling a lot, I can see where it has an advantage. This was new to me, trolling with planer boards. If you look on Brett's internet site, he has info on trolling, etc. Gosh, he is over half my age (I'm 68) and seems to have twice my knowledge. I was not only impressed with how he set his lines, but he sharpened every hook before attaching the lure to the line. Brett pays attention to the details. If you hire him, you will be impressed too.

During the day we had 6 hits. Ronnie reeled in a fat 46" muskie. Of the other hits, two should have been caught. Well, as muskie fishing goes,,,,our luck sucked. The last hit was by a really big muskie. We all three are still wondering what happened. It was easy to see Brett's expression and eyes....that was not only a big muskie, but a huge muskie. As it turns out, Ronnie and I are making plans on fishing Green Bay next fall.

As to being guided by Captain Brett Jolly, I highly recommend him. And, now is a good time to fish Green Bay....oops....I'm not sure if I was suppose to leak out that information. Although the weather and wind may effect the fishing, it sounds like it is turning on with 50 plus fish not too uncommon. I'd ask Captain Jolly...

http://www.captainjollycharters.com/

As to Tyrant Lures, they keep coming up with new lures. Oh yea, some seem similar to other lures, but look closely. The top water Crusader is a good example. It seems easier to get the lure working and the plopping noise is a nice sound to get use to. Unlike some lures, it doesn't seem to roll. I guess it is well balanced to its size, which I really like.

Although I own a few Czars, I don't have a 5" one. It really looks good. The wide hooks on the bait appears to have really good hooking ability. I'll be buying a couple before next spring. If I lived in Green Bay, I'd be buying some now. They seem to run great without tuning and seem to match the size of bait fish at this time.

After meeting Jeff Tilky I can see why Tyrant Lures will be successful. If you look at thier new offerings, the bucktails and the deep Czar lures, it is easily to see how the lures will be popular. Hey, those bucktails are somewhat different than what is now on the market. Actually, the lures are an improvement to what is now offered. I probably shouldn't mention any future lures that aren't on their internet site.

Check the following site for Tyrant lures and some of their dealers.

http://www.tyranttackleinc.com/

Oh yea, I'd like to be a Pro Staff member for Tyrant Lures, as I really see me catching a big muskie some day using one of their lures....like a crusader or Lil' Louie. Look at the above site and you will be able to see why...their lures are an improvement to what has been offered in the past. Hey, if you see my name as a pro staff member it is not because I'm famous, it is merely because I believe in what they have to offer...a good product for the value....If you don't see my name, I still believe Tyrant lures are some of the best on the market....and they are priced right.

As to Tyrant's contest, I really enjoyed the day guided with Captain Brett Jolly. It was great. Meeting Jeff Tilky and Jay Zahn of Tyrant Lures was more than interesting. Of all the nice Green Bay people we meet, Ron Myslick stands out. Ron is active in the Title Town Muskie, Inc. and is more than willing to share information on lures and techniques. The trip was more than what I expected.

My hat goes off to Tyrant Lures......thank you....
jazon
Posted 10/2/2010 7:23 AM (#461731 - in reply to #461648)
Subject: RE: Tyrant Lures contest winner

Thanks Bob for the kind words. We were happy to have Ron and Bob in as the contest winners. Tilky and I would also like to thank Captain Jolly and Ron Myslik for helping with the contest.

Jay Zahn
Tyrant Lures
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)