Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fall Fishing

Message Subject: Fall Fishing
WV Musky
Posted 9/17/2010 7:49 PM (#459820)
Subject: Fall Fishing

I'm fishing a lake in Ohio (Salt Fork Lake) and the water temps are in the low 70's to high 60's. Where would one start to look for muskies at this time of year? Today I trolled the main river channel with no luck, then I decided to cast mouths of coves with no luck. I just want to get a little help with where the fall muskies go. Thanks. I get skunked every year fishing the fall period and would like to fix that this year. Thanks guys.
Shawn
Chubs
Posted 9/17/2010 8:04 PM (#459822 - in reply to #459820)
Subject: RE: Fall Fishing

They will be where the baitfish are. I'm thinking Salt Fork lake has a shad base, so if it's like other lakes there will be a migration into the coves, or main lake weed flats (if there are any). I think you're a little early and or late trolling the river channel, with the water that temp. I'd try back in the creek arms or anywhere I could find schools of baitfish. Look in shallower water than you are fishing. Your patterns are great for when it's either warmer or colder
Ranger
Posted 9/17/2010 10:16 PM (#459833 - in reply to #459822)

I would agree wit Chubs, and look shallower. I have found the fish to make a shallow migration as the water temps begin to drop in early fall and often times find the fish very shallow. They seem to stay shallow until the water temps drop below 60 degrees. Worth checking out..
WV Musky
Posted 9/17/2010 11:01 PM (#459841 - in reply to #459833)

Thanks a ton guys. I'll take all the advice I can get on this, and I'll let ya know how things go.
shawn
Roughneck1860
Posted 9/19/2010 7:15 AM (#459945 - in reply to #459820)
Subject: Re: Fall Fishing

Shallow has been it for us as well lately on St.Clair when casting. The bait has been in 2-4ft of water in alot of areas and the skies have been right behind them. Pulled a nice 52x23 out of 3-4ft last weekend that was chasing Shad

Good Fishin'
Tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)