Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> west virgina musky

Message Subject: west virgina musky
archerynut36
Posted 8/31/2010 6:12 PM (#457576)
Subject: west virgina musky

hey im looking for some information on the weston area. my wife has grandparent that live there. and later this fall we want to go there and see them. and of course im taking the boat. i have heard stonewall jackson is a tough one and i want to give it a try.. does anyone have any info on places to stay around there. where the boat is safe.. her grandparents have a driveway that i would not be able to pull a boat up into. so we have to find aplace to stay and be able to charge the batteries...

also if anyone has any info they can pass along about the lake or other close places to try. please let me know....bill
Top H2O
Posted 8/31/2010 7:38 PM (#457587 - in reply to #457576)
Subject: RE: west virgina musky

Nut,
I fished that lake about 6-8 times back in 2001..
very scenic area and there is a nice state park with hotel and campground right on the lake.. It's a very good LMBass lake and has good areas to cast for muskies,
I cought 2 trolling and a FAT 45" casting when I was there. The Buckannon river isn't far either and has a good muskie population.
I think someone just nailed a 54" muskie this month in the lake,...... also check out the MI area website for more tips.
Stonecole is another lake close by, but has a hoursepower restriction.

Fall is just beautiful there.

Jerome
archerynut36
Posted 8/31/2010 8:36 PM (#457594 - in reply to #457587)
Subject: Re: west virgina musky

Thanks for all this info top and everyone else who have been "pm"ing me about the lake and area.
we went there a few years ago and i was in all my musky gear (shirts hats ect) books and mags to keep me occupied from bordum.. and her grandpa told her to take me to the lake and show it to me. i had asked what was the name and when he said stonewall jackson a lightbulb went off in my head. i ran the next day to walmart and got a dnr book and looked it up and sure enough i was so close to muskies and me with no boat and no gear.. so this time its going with me.. i have chased these fish all over america and canada, but never in wv.. until now...thanx again...bill

also does anyone have a good map, or know where i can find one , more detailed than i have found online.. im not sure how long we are going stay. i might have to check into the campground, she might like that
cb1
Posted 8/31/2010 8:41 PM (#457596 - in reply to #457576)

The big sport show at swj lake is sept. 25 and 26th. Its really nice if you get a chance to go. The west fork in weston is good also. need a small boat for it.
Top H2O
Posted 8/31/2010 9:54 PM (#457609 - in reply to #457596)

I just got a map of the lake at the marina. not the best, but it worked for me.

Jerome
WV Musky
Posted 9/1/2010 8:05 PM (#457738 - in reply to #457609)

Hey nut,
shoot me a pm when u decide on an exact date. I have fished stonewall jackson hundreds of times and can easily be there when u are there. I'd love to take ya out anytime u want. I'll bring boat u bring bologna sandwiches.
shawn
archerynut36
Posted 9/2/2010 7:32 PM (#457915 - in reply to #457576)
Subject: Re: west virgina musky

i might just take you up on that.. sounds good to me. that will save me from draggin the boat up there
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)