Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Is this a tiger?

Message Subject: Is this a tiger?
Posted 8/26/2010 12:57 PM (#456819 - in reply to #456433)
Subject: RE: Is this a tiger?

This site has a few nice tiger pictures taken underwater in very clear water. Easily identified by the stripes and teeth.

White Tiger Underwater
JimtenHaaf
Posted 8/26/2010 6:27 PM (#456875 - in reply to #456776)
Subject: Re: Is this a tiger?

sean61s - 8/26/2010 8:28 AM

I agree that she isn't a Tiger. I wanted
to post the pic to show that a Muskie
can have markings on the gill plates
and head without being a Tiger.

Sean, I would love to know some more specs on that fish. Wow, that thing has some girth to her. Beautiful. Congrats on a pretty one.

ulbian - 8/26/2010 10:18 AM

Juvenile muskies are often misidentified as tigers. I can't recall how many people have caught fish in the 27-32 range and swear up and down they are tigers and they are marked very similar to the one esoxaddict is holding up. For many of the guys that have thrusted their chest out claiming to have caught a tiger the simple fact that those fish have had fin clips corresponding to a stocking year and a few have had PIT tags have made them disappointed. Either way they are pretty fish and about the only thing you know for certain is that it is not a pike.

Here's one I'm having trouble with. It's a tiger of some sort but it might be a unique strain.

That is frickin' hilarious!!!
sean61s
Posted 8/27/2010 9:08 AM (#456955 - in reply to #456875)
Subject: Re: Is this a tiger?

Hey Jim....Isn't that just an awesome fish? I would love to take credit, but I did not boat her. She was boated by a friend of mine who likes to remain stealth. The fish was caught in the fall in Ontario in big water. I can't recall the exact specs, but something like 48.5" x 27" normally he would be standing with the fish for a pic, but evidently it was a bit scary out there that day. Her is a pic of the whole fish...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Copy of P1011597.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Copy of P1011597.JPG (96KB - 101 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)