Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "****, put a 70 inch limit on it....(pointing) He's the only guy that will catch a keeper!" -Norm
- (Added by: Pointerpride102)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Practice makes perfect...

Message Subject: Practice makes perfect...
RickJames
Posted 8/21/2010 9:48 AM (#456129)
Subject: Practice makes perfect...

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you guys actually practice your airbrushing on something other than lures? I dont know how many times Ive painted a bait with a color scheme pictured in my head and it turns out horrible.lol. Than I have to re prime the lure and start over. I was thinking of tracing out some patterns on cardboard and painting that first to get different ideas. Think this may work, or should I stick to practicing on the real thing? Thanks for any suggestions, Rick
newmuskyz
Posted 8/22/2010 10:54 AM (#456232 - in reply to #456129)
Subject: RE: Practice makes perfect...

we all go through that. cardboard stencils work great, you need those as sometimes you will want patterns and not overspray, fins etc. keep tryin, learn to master your equipment, not it mastering you. that is very important. sometimes, you will paint baits that don't meet expectations, so don't set your expectations too high, i've posted a few baits on here, but never ones i didn't like, nobody puts baits on that dont look good, so hold your head high. practice is the best thing, over time you will develop patterns and schemes that you like and others will derive from there. hope that helps, nothing better than catching fish on a paint job you did. the fish are the true judges, most baits are made to catch the fishermen, i want mine to catch fish!! nature is the greatest artist of all.
RickJames
Posted 8/22/2010 11:28 AM (#456238 - in reply to #456129)
Subject: Re: Practice makes perfect...

Nicely said...Thank you
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)