Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Thanks to Brian Gilmore Youghiogheny Guide Service

Message Subject: Thanks to Brian Gilmore Youghiogheny Guide Service
Muskie Madness
Posted 7/8/2010 8:22 AM (#448988)
Subject: Thanks to Brian Gilmore Youghiogheny Guide Service

I just wanted to take the time and thank Brian for taking my father and I out on the Youghiogheny River in PA for our first muskie outing. He is a genuinely nice fellow and provided us with a wealth of information and techniques...not to mention that he can put you on to some big fish! My wrist is still recovering from doing the death march with that 8oz. weagle for 10 hours. I would recommend Brian to anyone who is interested in some prime muskie fishing in southwest PA, his rates are lower than most and he keeps you out on the water past the standard 8 hours. Here is his info:

Brian Gilmore
Youghiogheny Guide Service
PA Licensed Guide
724-736-0203

Thanks again Brian for an awesome experience.
PamuskEhunt
Posted 7/8/2010 10:00 AM (#449000 - in reply to #448988)
Subject: RE: Thanks to Brian Gilmore Youghiogheny Guide Service

Muskie Madness - 7/8/2010 9:22 AM
.....and provided us with a wealth of information and techniques...My wrist is still recovering from doing the death march with that 8oz. weagle for 10 hours.

That's a tough way to fish for 10 hours! Did you try any other techniques?
Muskie Madness
Posted 7/8/2010 12:17 PM (#449016 - in reply to #449000)

He mentioned the topwater presentation is by far the most effective on that river. While I was doing the weagle, my father was switching between a creeper and the lac-seul turbo. Bucktails and twitchbaits didn't seem to be that effective that day. Working that thing definitely made my left wrist stronger.
Posted 7/9/2010 4:35 PM (#449248 - in reply to #448988)

i fish that river and its like any other musky river. certain temps of the water trigger them to bite on top.when the water is high 70s,like it is now good luck with any topwater. 10 hrs of throwin the same lure ,you have no chance.
muskie24/7
Posted 7/9/2010 4:45 PM (#449252 - in reply to #448988)

Jason, Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed having you and your dad in the boat!Theres a certain water temp thats good for about one week, After that its over!!!! My new friend Jason and his Dad were on time! Other lures are still workin though! Heres Proof!

Brian

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(000_0012 [640x480].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 000_0012 [640x480].JPG (136KB - 665 downloads)
blackeyedpeas
Posted 7/17/2010 2:59 PM (#450440 - in reply to #449252)

"Theres a certain water temp thats good for about one week, After that its over!!!!"

I caught one on topwater in feb with 38 degree temps. Was that the week for topwater?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)