Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Eagle GPS

Message Subject: Eagle GPS
MuskieMike
Posted 6/14/2010 10:11 PM (#445562)
Subject: Eagle GPS

For some reason my Eagle GPS won't let me get to the second menu page. I hit the menu button once, it says hit it again for the next menu page, but when I do it reverts back to only the map screen? I read the book and can't figure it out? Any suggestions? Anybody know how to do a soft reset on an Eagle?
muskie-addict
Posted 6/14/2010 10:28 PM (#445564 - in reply to #445562)
Subject: RE: Eagle GPS

Mine did the same thing to me. Couldn't find a list of hard/soft resets on the website for Eagle stuff like I could for Lowrance....unsure why.

I emailed Lowrance/Eagle and they got back to me after a couple days. Mine's a 642c igps. If yours is the same, here's what they sent me:

The soft reset for the Eagle 642c igps is
1) Turn the unit off.
2) Press and hold the PAGES Button.
3) Press and Hold the POWER Button.
4) Release both buttons after the US map appears.

The hard reset for the Eagle 642c igps is
1) Turn unit off.
2) Press and hold Zoom In & Zoom Out
3) Press and Hold the Power Button
4) Release all three buttons after the US map appears.

.....otherwise you might just have to email them too. Like I said, I couldn't find much for resets in the Eagle lineup. All your saved stuff goes bye bye with a hard reset, just keep that in mind.

-Eric
MuskieMike
Posted 6/14/2010 10:33 PM (#445565 - in reply to #445562)

I have the 642 as well. Did the soft reset fix the menu problem?
Muskiemetal
Posted 6/15/2010 6:41 AM (#445585 - in reply to #445562)
Subject: Re: Eagle GPS

Are you in Advanced Mode?? Check the menu out, on there should be something that says enter advanced mode. Click that and you will get the second set of menus. Other than that, a soft reset should help.
muskie-addict
Posted 6/17/2010 10:31 PM (#446137 - in reply to #445585)
Subject: Re: Eagle GPS

Yep, soft reset fixed the prollem.

I was only in advanced mode by accident, if I was. Don't even know at this point. I had all the menus working fine at one point.

Yeah, the soft reset is sorta the equivalent of "restore factory defaults" on a camera or any software program on your computer. All your customized stuff, setting preferences, depth zoom, sensitivity, colorline....all that is returns to the way it was when it fell off the truck from Mexico. So I'm continually finding new things that look funny or don't do what they used to and I have to track it down and figure where my sweet spot was for that function.

Funny thing was, mine was actually all IN Spanish when I bought it. That was a head scratcher. Took a phone call to my sister who's a Spanish interpreter for the Twins and I read through the menus until I read off the one that says "Languages." Evidently Pedro back in Mexico City forgot to switch it over to English when he sealed the box off.
muskie mike
Posted 6/19/2010 1:20 PM (#446347 - in reply to #445562)

Soft Reset worked. Thanks Guys!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)