Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> shimano cardiff 200a vs calcutta 200 b reels

Message Subject: shimano cardiff 200a vs calcutta 200 b reels
pikeman1
Posted 6/17/2010 9:27 PM (#446124)
Subject: shimano cardiff 200a vs calcutta 200 b reels

I'm looking for a new reel so I don't have to retie all the time for a diff color spinnerbait. I have a cardiff and its an ok reel, was just wondering how the calcutta b stacks up to it for almost double the price? I use it for 1/2 oz-1 oz spinnerbaits. Thanks.
jackson
Posted 6/18/2010 7:49 AM (#446161 - in reply to #446124)
Subject: Re: shimano cardiff 200a vs calcutta 200 b reels

i have a few of both. The calcutta is a nicer reel to be honest with you, however if i was blind folded i couldn't really tell the difference. I just expect the calcutta to take more of a beating and last longer. Both are pretty good reels with the calcutta b being smoother IMO. I have the 400's however in both reels. I just put my cardiff's on the rods i use less.
allegheny river kid
Posted 6/18/2010 9:03 AM (#446167 - in reply to #446124)
Subject: RE: shimano cardiff 200a vs calcutta 200 b reels

I have 400 series of both the reels and a handful of cardiffs in smaller sizes for walleye and bass. While they are both great reels and very dependable at that, the calcuttas shows its strength after alot of use. The cardiffs do not have sealed bearings and are not sealed off from the water as much so they require more maint. then the calcuttas. The calcuttas stay pretty smooth after years of use and with the proper maint the cardiffs aren't too much behind. Both overall great reels for the money they respectively cost, but if i had the money i wouldnt hesistate to get the calcuttas over the cardifsf. Although, for the price of one calcutta you could get 2 cardiffs...my 2 cents

Edited by allegheny river kid 6/18/2010 9:05 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)