Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Why does my tackle box looks like a stripper and a possessed clown joined forces and made all the decisions.
- (Added by: Tackle Industries)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> what not to do

Message Subject: what not to do
rick_rudder
Posted 9/4/2011 4:40 PM (#515056)
Subject: what not to do

just a heads up dont ever sand a bait, prime and seal, spend hours painting it, apply the envirotex evenly, place on rotisserie just to have it fall out of the alligator clips into the sawdust pile you created while sanding it, the whole thing just about went in the trash, im calm now thanks for listening... what kind of story's do you have?
Mullhead
Posted 9/4/2011 9:08 PM (#515081 - in reply to #515056)
Subject: RE: what not to do

One time I sprayed wd-40 around some baits and couldn't figure out why my clear was fishing eying like crazy. Lesson learned.
Landonfish
Posted 9/5/2011 11:08 AM (#515132 - in reply to #515056)
Subject: Re: what not to do

When I first started using a rotisserie to spin baits my clear coats completly ran off. Tried it again same thing. The 3rd time I came back down stairs to check on it. On my way down I missed the light switch and popped around the corner and it was then I realized the outlet I was plugged into was controled off the light switch. hey it was a learning experience lol.
CheapTrix
Posted 9/8/2011 10:29 AM (#515617 - in reply to #515056)

Never have your lure turner sitting on the floor and allow your dog to come in without supervision.....creates a real mess on both ends. It took along time for the epoxy to grow out on my dog.....I thought about casting him out a few times to see what I would catch.....
Hoosierbaits
Posted 9/8/2011 11:18 AM (#515620 - in reply to #515617)

Results of the first batch on a drier was finding them glued the floor the next morning due to the backlash in my make shift design. Flipped itself over and the motor wrapped up the cord and pulled the plug out of the wall or it may have been worse.

Don
bowhunter29
Posted 9/8/2011 1:14 PM (#515639 - in reply to #515056)

I use rubber bands to hold my lures on my turner. I had a rubber band break and the lure was down there flopping around all night. It not only ruined the lure that came loose, but it also did quite a bit of damage to the lures around it...I now change rubber bands frequently!!!!!!

jeremy
MEISTERICS
Posted 9/8/2011 3:41 PM (#515665 - in reply to #515639)

Drying wheels, flies, and oils are a lure makers worst enemy.
MuskyFix
Posted 9/8/2011 4:07 PM (#515670 - in reply to #515665)

How about having 16 baits on the drying wheel and the power goes out..
Lucky most of them were starting to dry and 2 got the big drips..
wvhillbillyjlm
Posted 9/8/2011 9:49 PM (#515726 - in reply to #515670)

MuskyFix - 9/8/2011 5:07 PM

How about having 16 baits on the drying wheel and the power goes out..
Lucky most of them were starting to dry and 2 got the big drips..

That is one of my worst nightmares along with gnats.

I did have a 10" crankbait come flying by my head while I was applying etex to another bait. Evidantly I didn't get the short bungee cord in its hole properly. Amazing how fast and how far a 10" lure will fly propelled by a bungee cord.
MuskyFix
Posted 9/8/2011 11:53 PM (#515744 - in reply to #515726)

wvhillbillyjlm could of been a big ouch..

I use bucktail wire and springs to hold the baits, and some times it slips when mounting it to the wheel, I hear you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)