Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> leaks

Reply New post
Message Subject: leaks
musky45
Posted 6/9/2010 12:18 PM (#444654)
Subject: leaks

So I have an old 12 ft aluminum boat and it is missing some rivets in the bottom and leaks water some. Not much. I was wonder if there is a cheap easy fix to get rid of the leaks. Any suggestions would be great. Or do I just need to put up some water in the boat
MuskieMike
Posted 6/9/2010 12:21 PM (#444655 - in reply to #444654)
Subject: RE: leaks

JB Weld makes a 2 part epoxy that is tough as nails. If you can pinpoint the leak, it'll stop it.
Shoot2Kill
Posted 6/9/2010 2:27 PM (#444683 - in reply to #444655)
Subject: RE: leaks

I had an old aluminum that leaked like a sive all over the bottom of the boat....did a little research and found a site where the guy told me to use thick roll on truck bed liner...it went on like tar but that boat does not leak anymore at all!
Muskie Bob
Posted 6/9/2010 10:12 PM (#444741 - in reply to #444654)
Subject: Re: leaks

You'll need to locate where the leaks are. Since it doesn't leak much, you might try 3M 5200 sealant. I've never used it, but it was recommended by a marine dealer.

Jd Weld may work on your boat, but I was disappointed using it on a larger aluminum boat.

If you don't have any flooring in the boat, you might consider using a little Bondo around the seam inside the boat where the leak is. I'm sure others will laugh, but that's what I did to a 14ft aluminum boat and it never leaked again.

I guess if I was missing some rivets, I'd want to patch both from the inside and outside.

You may want to contact a marine dealer and ask for advice.

good luck.
CU301DSV
Posted 6/12/2010 5:26 PM (#445171 - in reply to #444654)
Subject: Re: leaks

My recommendation is to check your local online classifieds for a guy that does boat repair on the side and see how much he wants to weld/rivet/repair the boat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)