Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Well, that was fun, and I liked catching a muskie, but I would rather fish for Bluegills. ( Mr. Bluegill after landing a 45" Sabaskong Muskie)
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> best way to apply etex

Message Subject: best way to apply etex
wolftackle84
Posted 1/31/2010 7:51 PM (#420883)
Subject: best way to apply etex

i just picked up some etex today....but i am kinda stumped on the best way to apply it...i have a drying wheel....any help whould help

tight lines

Edited by wolftackle84 1/31/2010 7:54 PM
Posted 1/31/2010 8:23 PM (#420897 - in reply to #420883)
Subject: RE: best way to apply etex

I've always used a brush. Give a moderate coat and put on drying wheel. Try to remove bubbles asap with heat or blowing on them. Cigarette smoke seems to remove the bubbles even quicker.
wolftackle84
Posted 1/31/2010 9:24 PM (#420913 - in reply to #420883)
Subject: Re: best way to apply etex

how many coats do you put on
Kenslures
Posted 1/31/2010 9:28 PM (#420916 - in reply to #420883)
Subject: Re: best way to apply etex

Hi there, I used etex on all of my baits. First off make sure you mix the parts equally. Mix the etex very well & then let it set for a few minutes to degas itself. That won't take out all the gas bubbles but you can blow on the bait after its coated or use a propane torch. If you use the torch make sure its just a short blast of heat & not to close or the etex won't set up & dry. I use disposable flux brushes like they use for soldering or throw away glue brushes. When mixing the two part etex I use disposable plastic syringes that I purchase at a local veternarian. Just make sure you mark the syringes so the next time you use them you do part 1 with #1 syringe & part 2 with #2 syringe. I just wipe off the outside & put the syringe back in the plastic container it came in. I use the same syringes for up to a year. I don't clean them out, just wipe off the excess on the outside. Good luck & I hope this helps. Ken
fishingprovy
Posted 1/31/2010 9:38 PM (#420923 - in reply to #420883)
Subject: RE: best way to apply etex

I'll second in on what Ken said, I uasally use 1 good coat, Somtimes 2 if I don't like the coverage, just remeber the more coats , the more weight you add, can effect on how some baits work. Rod
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)