Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Now viewing page 11 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> CAL JOHNSON SUMMARY REPORT

Frozen
Message Subject: CAL JOHNSON SUMMARY REPORT
sworrall
Posted 1/26/2010 12:37 AM (#419564 - in reply to #410333)
Subject: Re: CAL JOHNSON SUMMARY REPORT

Jay,
You may have missed the fact MuskieFIRST is a copyrighted publication, not an open source blog. There will be some editorial stances taken, make no mistake, and in Dettloff's case, it'll be driven by what he bought and paid for in his group's very public dealings with us in the past.

Had it not been for Mr. Dettloff's incredible conflict of interest RE: the Hall and the WR, his books, the CFMS, his resort, his seminars and more, maybe I'd cut the guy some slack.

We caught this guy red handed selling ( yes, selling, as in making money) a PACK of crap; heck, he and his group of folks even had Musky Hunter printing that stuff as if it was gospel. It wasn't.

He and his sidekick Scott did their level best to cause me no end of grief, but...because we presented the facts and published them here and in Esox Angler in an article written by Robb Kim and I... and the facts as we presented them proved out to be absolutely true, he lost that round big time. It took me almost two years to get an audience with the Tribal Leaders who's best interests and good intent were misused the most, but I got one, and that sealed the deal on us closing up the story about the deception.

SO yes, there's some personal issues here, I don't trust that guy for very very good reason. It goes to threats on my safety, my family, and attacks on my son who had nothing to do with this on Pastika's website and elsewhere. It goes to years of this gent reinventing the history and overall reality of our sport and profiting from it, while doing everything he can to damage the reputation of those who disagree with him in the process. He ain't no white knight protecting the WR, he's watching out for his own pocketbook...period.

We leave what Larry posts alone to the large degree, and same same with John. Note John only posted once here, and that a promotion for his new book, plain and simple. Those two have a thing or two to disagree on, and that's a fact.

Mr. Dettloff took on and tossed out the WR in New York. Since he did, and literally butchered the guy in the process, it only makes sense to take it to the next logical step, which the WRMA did. John took it personal immediately, and much of the vitriol you now see is reaction to what he did and said a few years back and to date. What was he THINKING as an Officer of the Hayward Hall...he shouldn't be in ANY way involved in discrediting ANY record, or defending any when writing and selling books about both records he supports. Bad...bad business. At the very least, the appearance screams out conflict of interest even to those who do not know the background.

As to the Malo fish and your accusation the science behind the WRMA examination was biased, I have no comment other than..REALLY? And you have spoken to whom to confirm this before posting your accusations? Jerry? The folks who performed the tests? Anyone? Didn't Jerry just offer to pay for an examination by an expert hired by the Hall? Well, there's the difference, I guess. Jerry can address that if he sees fit to; as he clearly said and you obviously choose to ignore, he's the sole spokesman for the WRMA.

In the meantime, the Hayward historical fish IMO are not larger than Dale McNair's fish, and I'd bet not larger than Jody Dahm's, either. But that's my opinion, and I'm stick'n with it.

That said, this one has run it's course, and I feel it's time to retire it to the archives. Only the future will tell where this goes.
Jump to page : < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Now viewing page 11 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)