Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> big fork river big fork mn.

Message Subject: big fork river big fork mn.
oddball
Posted 8/26/2009 11:34 AM (#396133)
Subject: big fork river big fork mn.

My wifes dad is in the process of giving her and her 7 other brothers and sisters his log house in the big fork area. The lake hes on is small and has no muskies . so ten years ago when I was up there last. (he got remaried to a controler ,I had plenty of other words I wanted to use there. long storie short nobody was allowed to go up and stay over night , thats why the ten years.) I fished the big fork for 2 days pretty much just started to get more serious about fishing muskies at that time. Went up river one day the next day I went down. Never seen a musky. Guess I was just wondering if any body had any advice on it , thanks
Pedro
Posted 8/26/2009 11:39 AM (#396134 - in reply to #396133)
Subject: Re: big fork river big fork mn.

Fished it once from shore, my wife has a cabin up there to. Seen like 7 fish, once close to 50 inches. I just waded the river in shorts, brought a back pack with some small tackles boxes and a dozen baits. Jackpots and small bucktails were good for me. Kind of a neat place to fish! Look for some slack water in the river bends and any holes if you can really call them that. Birdges are good!
oddball
Posted 8/26/2009 11:42 AM (#396136 - in reply to #396134)

so were you fishing the water from town to lake dora or town to canada
Posted 8/26/2009 7:33 PM (#396233 - in reply to #396133)
Subject: RE: big fork river big fork mn.

Fished it alot growing up and caught a some muskies.............all on the small side. I remember it being a lot of work in and out of the boat because it is very shallow in most places. Bugs can be absolutely horrible in the summer. If you are interested in catching 26-36 inch fish with a chance at a 39-41 incher at best, have a canoe or very small boat or can wade from shore to a pool or near a bridge, throw a creeper, trophy Hi-fin or "red squirrel" colors. In my opinion, there is much better fishing in the lakes to the south of Bigfork and north of Grand Rapids.............you can't argue with history and past catches: the water is just too small for fish to ever get big like they can in the lakes.
Muskyfisher
Posted 8/26/2009 9:13 PM (#396245 - in reply to #396233)

I agree with the guest i live rite near the big fork i can walk to it from my house the fish dnt get much bigger then the 3 foot range. if your going to fish it its better fishing near the dora lake area.
Pedro
Posted 8/26/2009 10:00 PM (#396265 - in reply to #396133)

I've heard the little fork has a bigger fish.
Muskyfisher
Posted 8/27/2009 12:08 PM (#396348 - in reply to #396133)

They are about the same size in both rivers just a little more commom to get a 40 plus fish but the water is hard to time rite as far as clearity goes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)