Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Biology -> Wisconsin Genetics Information

Message Subject: Wisconsin Genetics Information
Posted 8/12/2009 3:33 PM (#393847)
Subject: Wisconsin Genetics Information

Has anyone seen any detailed information on the Wisconsin Genetic study?
Minnesota released a paper this spring that showed the actual numbers sampled and the genetic results that were seen from that study. It was interesting to see 3 strains identified, the numbers of each strain, and then the numbers and types of crosses between the strains. Since Sloss did that work I'll assume that the same information is available. Just curious if it has been made public. I've not seen any information that a single genetic cross (of the 31 plus WI varieties) has been found in the Wisconsin sampling to date, which is strange considering the amount of crosses found in Minnesota. (I recall one such "cross" found in LCO in the 70's but none at all since.)

It would be great to see the information provided to the public as Minnesota has done.

Thanks!
sworrall
Posted 8/12/2009 6:29 PM (#393870 - in reply to #393847)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin Genetics Information

According to Dr. Sloss, there was no 'interbreeding' identified on LCO, see the video at the top of this page. I believe he offers a timeline of sorts in the video.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)