Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fishing Pewaukee Lake

Message Subject: Fishing Pewaukee Lake
muskyhunter63
Posted 7/27/2009 10:32 AM (#390659)
Subject: Fishing Pewaukee Lake

I have been reading the Pewaukee thread and have been thinking I should make the trip over and check it out. Plan on going during the week sometime. It will be about a 3 hour trip. Question is, should I leave home at 0 dark thirty to get there for the morning or would I be better off heading out later for an evening bite? Which would be the best landing to use? I have stopped at Smokey's so I know there is a ramp there. Have a lake map so should be able to find some fishy spots! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ken
Esox-Hunter
Posted 7/27/2009 1:49 PM (#390707 - in reply to #390659)
Subject: RE: Fishing Pewaukee Lake

Put in at Smokey's and stay all day if you can!

S.Killips
Sam Ubl
Posted 7/27/2009 2:21 PM (#390711 - in reply to #390659)
Subject: Re: Fishing Pewaukee Lake

There are 4 available launches.
1) Smokeys Bait Shop
2) Smokey's Musky Shop
3) The Sports Dock
4) The West End Public Launch

Depends where you're looking to fish, plus what your means of transportation are. If you're bringing a put-putter, row boat or canoe, pick your launch site accordingly. Otherwise, if you've got some horses taking you where you want to go, go where ever is cheapest and has the most parking.

Evening are my favorite down here. . . Mornings up north - I love quiet mornings in the Northwoods. No science behind it, just the times I enjoy being out in particular places. Many variables will dictate your success, you won't know till' you're out there.

Edited by Sam Ubl 7/27/2009 2:24 PM
muskyhunter63
Posted 7/27/2009 2:28 PM (#390712 - in reply to #390711)

Thanks for the help guys! I figured I would put in at Smokey's and check with them and see what was up and also score some baits (can't look for info without buying something ya know). What is the cost to launch at Smokey's and do they have the best parking? How is that prop working out for you Sam? Your Dad picked that up then I go up to the Chip where I destroyed the prop on my motor and had no spare. Oh well, had fun anyway.
Ken

Edited by muskyhunter63 7/27/2009 2:30 PM
tuffy1
Posted 7/27/2009 3:02 PM (#390718 - in reply to #390712)

It's $3 to launch there, and $5 to park. On the weekdays, parking shouldn't be an issue at Smokey's. Good luck out there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)