Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Favorite Online Stores

Message Subject: Favorite Online Stores
adudeuknow
Posted 6/29/2009 5:51 AM (#386145)
Subject: Favorite Online Stores

Hey guys and gals,
Just wondering what your favorite online stores were. I know a few but I am mainly asking because I am sure their are some great ones out there for not only lures but terminal tackle as well.

I am mainly asking because I am looking for some places that have good selections of leader components. I have found sites that have everything I need but like I mentioned earlier I am sure their are some good ones I am missing.

Thanks a lot everyone and be sure to include all your favorite sites so I can add to my musky fishing bookmarks.
brmusky
Posted 6/29/2009 9:16 AM (#386166 - in reply to #386145)
Subject: Re: Favorite Online Stores

musky tackle online is my favorite - if Aaron has it, it is the best price available. I buy split rings, snaps, swivels, etc... from him. What I can't get through MTO, I usually do the price comparison between Stamina (lurepartsonline.... or something like that) and Moore's Lures.
Check MTO first and order whatever he has - it is the best price and free shipping on orders over $50. Then go to the others and pick up whatever you still need.
muskie24/7
Posted 6/29/2009 10:28 AM (#386174 - in reply to #386166)

Another thing about MTO is how fast you receive your order! The stuff you order is in your Tacklebox in a couple days! Its pretty hard to beat!

Brian
muskiewhored
Posted 6/29/2009 11:05 AM (#386181 - in reply to #386145)

I also completely agree with MTO, wont buy anywhere else now. He has been great to me, and deserves my money for sure! Also if anyone didnt konw if he doesnt have a color you want let him know and he will get it for you!

Keep it up Aaron!
allegheny river kid
Posted 6/29/2009 11:17 AM (#386185 - in reply to #386145)

Musky tackle online is my fav. Also have had real good luck with jackson lures also.
ShaneW
Posted 6/29/2009 11:45 AM (#386192 - in reply to #386145)

MTO with a second to Thorne Bros.
esoxhunter
Posted 6/29/2009 12:02 PM (#386195 - in reply to #386145)
Subject: RE: Favorite Online Stores

In my experience, I'd have to say Muskytales. They have the lowest prices around with a great selection.
Baby Mallard
Posted 6/29/2009 12:20 PM (#386201 - in reply to #386195)

Musky Tackle Online. Aaron is a class act.
gtaggart
Posted 6/29/2009 12:29 PM (#386203 - in reply to #386145)

I also agree that MTO is great.
mota
Posted 6/29/2009 1:29 PM (#386210 - in reply to #386145)

yeah but he need lots of more good cranks
one last cast
Posted 6/29/2009 2:10 PM (#386219 - in reply to #386145)

Musky Tackle Online is where its at. All the aforementioned things are true especially the pricing, speedy shipping, and free shipping over $50.
Will Schultz
Posted 6/29/2009 2:20 PM (#386224 - in reply to #386174)

muskie24/7 - 6/29/2009 11:28 AM

Another thing about MTO is how fast you receive your order! The stuff you order is in your Tacklebox in a couple days! Its pretty hard to beat!

Brian

Ditto!

Aaron knows how to make happy customers!!!!!!
Bruce K
Posted 6/29/2009 10:16 PM (#386326 - in reply to #386145)

I love big wood lures,kyle has great service and fair prices and you get a free T-shirt when you order more than 5 lures!

bruce
Fishboy19
Posted 6/29/2009 10:45 PM (#386335 - in reply to #386145)

musky tackle on-line
keystonereuk
Posted 6/29/2009 11:37 PM (#386343 - in reply to #386145)

I have to agree that MTO has some great deals, but my concern with them was that I didn't find that the website was actually secure. In this day in age, one can't be too cautious with credit card numbers and everything. I may be wrong here, but the website was not secure at the point I began entering my personal information. For that reason alone, I ordered from another website. I may be wrong here and the websight may have been "secure" if would have went a little further, but I have ordered from other websites when they have been "secure" from the beginning of the ordering process. Again, I am sure it's a quality website and this isn't intended to bash it or anything, just a concern I had.

Keystonereuk
hammy129
Posted 6/29/2009 11:50 PM (#386346 - in reply to #386145)

MTO is absolutely hands down the best I have dealt with. Aaron has exceptional customer service and rapid shipping.
AWH
Posted 6/29/2009 11:58 PM (#386347 - in reply to #386343)

keystonereuk - 6/29/2009 11:37 PM

I have to agree that MTO has some great deals, but my concern with them was that I didn't find that the website was actually secure. In this day in age, one can't be too cautious with credit card numbers and everything. I may be wrong here, but the website was not secure at the point I began entering my personal information. For that reason alone, I ordered from another website. I may be wrong here and the websight may have been "secure" if would have went a little further, but I have ordered from other websites when they have been "secure" from the beginning of the ordering process. Again, I am sure it's a quality website and this isn't intended to bash it or anything, just a concern I had.

Keystonereuk

Thanks for bringing this up. This is a very valid concern. But I can assure you that ordering is 100% secure when your credit card information is asked for. In five years of operation, there has never been a single fraudulent charge on the site and not a single concern over private information being stolen or shared. Again though, a very valid concern. Other forms of payment are welcome if you're not comfortable ordering through the site. And you can always give me a call as well.

As an FYI for general internet usage...you can tell if you're on a secure portion of a website by looking at the website address. If it is "http", it is not a secure page, if it is "https", it is secure. You can also look for that familiar gold padlock. But the https portion will always be the indicator.

Thanks,
Aaron

Edited by AWH 6/30/2009 2:44 PM
esox23
Posted 6/30/2009 12:11 PM (#386435 - in reply to #386347)

AWH - 6/29/2009 11:58 PM

keystonereuk - 6/29/2009 11:37 PM

Keystonereuk

Thanks for bringing this up. This is a very valid concern. But I can assure you that ordering is 100% secure when your credit card information is asked for. In five years of operation, there has never been a single fraudulent charge on the site and not a single concern over private information being stolen or shared. Again though, a very valid concern. Other forms of payment are welcome if you're not comfortable ordering through the site. And you can always give me a call as well.

As an FYI for general internet usage...you can tell if you're on a secure portion of a website by looking at the website address. If it is "http", it is not a secure page, if it is "https", it is secure. You can also look for that famliar gold padlock. But the https portion will always be the indicator.

Thanks,
Aaron

AWH - one thing you could do to cure the fear of unsecure ordering would be to place the "Verisign" or "Thwate" certificate icons/images on the pages as folks are moving through the ordering process. I haven't purchased anything from you (so i don't know forsure that you do or don't have them already), but I do a lot of online purchases and the is the number one thing to I look for.

just a thought

Esox23
curleytail
Posted 6/30/2009 12:36 PM (#386443 - in reply to #386145)

I have to agree with MTO - musky tackle online. The only thing he doesn't carry that I know of for leader making parts is spools of wire or fluorocarbon. I don't think he has crimping sleeves either. You might want to get a hold of him though. He might have some not listed, or might be able to get you some.

One thing is for sure, if Aaron at MTO has it he has the best prices and customer service. He's where I got to if I need something.

curleytail
adudeuknow
Posted 6/30/2009 2:17 PM (#386457 - in reply to #386145)

i was actually looking for sppols of wire....lol
Keystonereuk
Posted 6/30/2009 2:30 PM (#386462 - in reply to #386347)

Aaron,

Thanks for replying and clearing that up. I am familiar with the "https" indicating that the site is secure. I am in law enforcement and deal with this issue on occasion. At the point I was at when I was entering my information, I did not see that indication "https," but again I may have not been far enough along in the process. Maybe there is a way that could get added so people aren't hesitant from ordering like I was. After hearing from you, I will definitely consider your store in the future, I have heard nothing but good things about your site.

Keystonereuk
AWH
Posted 6/30/2009 2:43 PM (#386469 - in reply to #386145)

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it and take it very seriously. I've actually got a call into my web people to help address the issue. If there's one person that's unsure if it's secure, you know there's more. So again, I'm working to get that cleared up and I sincerely appreciate the post.

Spools of wire and other leader making material will be coming soon....

Thank you to everyone for your support. If anyone ever has any questions, comments, suggestions, concerns, complaints, etc. don't hesitate to contact me. I'm always open to feedback!

Thank You,
Aaron
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)