Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> French River/Lake Nipissing

Message Subject: French River/Lake Nipissing
frmusky
Posted 5/20/2009 5:13 PM (#379584)
Subject: French River/Lake Nipissing

Anyone fish the French River/Lake Nipissing body of water in Ontario? Is it a numbers lake or a trophy lake? Any thoughts? I guess this probably shouldnt go in the tackle section either? oops.

Edited by frmusky 5/21/2009 12:39 AM
JBush
Posted 5/20/2009 5:30 PM (#379588 - in reply to #379584)
Subject: RE: French River/Lake Nipissing

I fish them both all year round. Probably the biggest misconception is that every follow, strike or rip trolling will be 50+. There's a lot of fish that size but many more in the mid to low 40's. Last season I think I caught five muskie under 45 inches. There's great natural stocks or fish that reproduce naturally, and all the year classes is great to see. It's trophy water with a lot of action mixed in also. We saw nine one day last Sept, our best day is four in the boat, all under 48 inches. Best wknd on West Arm on Nip was 47, 48 and 52, so there are big fish in there. Great pike too, especially on Nipissing. We're seeing fewer pike on both fisheries (Georgian Bay too) but the ones we're catching the last couple years are normally 34-40 inches. That's a high quality problem, if you ask me. You're not weeding thru the 30's and 32's and stuff with muskie, but be prepared for a good smattering of fish under 45/47 inches. She's like anywhere else, the big fish take work. Having said that, I have two buddies who boated 50+ fish the first four hours of trolling in their lives.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)