Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> "Fogging" my engine

Reply New post
Message Subject: "Fogging" my engine

Posted 11/26/2002 9:54 AM (#1295)
Subject: "Fogging" my engine

I generally just pull the plugs, spray in some WD-40 and spray some carb cleaner in the carb. What else should I be doing for the good of my engine?
Beaver

Posted 11/26/2002 11:02 AM (#51623)

Beav I'm no chemist but I recall reading that WD-40 is not a good idea for your engine. You should pick up a can of spray fogging oil for that application. Don't forget to change your lower unit grease and dump your fuel water seperator.

Posted 11/26/2002 11:16 AM (#51624)

Yeah, I've got some Dry-Fuel that I have to dump in. I'll get that special fogging oil also.
Thanks,
Beav

Posted 11/26/2002 6:21 PM (#51625)

Beav,

The fogging oil is a much lighter oil that really penetrates all around the pistons and rings, it also doesn't gum up like WD-40 can. I pull the plugs let a bunch of fogging oil in each one, put the plugs back in and pull the manual starter a couple of turns to circulate it. That's all that need to be done for fogging.

Posted 11/26/2002 6:29 PM (#51626)

Thanks for the info.
Want to make sure and do it right.
Beav

Posted 12/16/2002 10:48 PM (#51627)

The best way to fog an engine is thru the carbs/air intake while the engine is running. You need to protect the crank and bearings. If you just remove the plugs and spray there it doesn't reach the rest of the motor inards.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)