Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> reel question

Message Subject: reel question
Jim
Posted 5/16/2009 11:42 PM (#378727)
Subject: reel question

I know this question has been beat to death in the past but if the price did not matter whats the best reel everyone has the best luck with throwing DCG's.I have been useing the abu 7000 and the casting lever spring has gone bad on every one I had. I want to keep with a reel that has levelwind and has an auto engageing feature. Do the high priced reels hold up any longer than the middle priced reels.

thanks in advance Jim
Craig
Posted 5/17/2009 2:41 AM (#378737 - in reply to #378727)
Subject: RE: reel question

For me, the calcutta 400B will do about anything you want it to do.
cast10K
Posted 5/17/2009 7:26 PM (#378831 - in reply to #378727)
Subject: RE: reel question

The penn 975 has a good rep for durability w/ d10's and all the features you're asking for.
knooter
Posted 5/17/2009 9:25 PM (#378865 - in reply to #378727)
Subject: Re: reel question

I'll second the Penn 975. Everything you're looking for, and not really all that expensive compared to the high end Shimano stuff. I'm not sure if the new Saltist levelwind is auto engaging or not. I played with one at the show this year, but I can't remember one way or the other. If it does I'd say that's your best bet for a reel more capable of burning the big blades. That is the only quality the Penn 975 lacks, retrieve speed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)